Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: A second lockdown is on it's way

Re: A second lockdown is on it's way

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Just remember that even though Covid-19 exists, it doesn’t mean that every other bug or virus just instantly stopped existing.
    This. Absolutely this.

I agree, of course it could be nothing sinister, but with lockdown restrictions easing and other countries seeing an increase after doing so ... the common sense part of me is telling me the party has only just begun. I am fully convinced we'll be back in lockdown before the end of July. Probably sooner.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I agree, of course it could be nothing sinister, but with lockdown restrictions easing and other countries seeing an increase after doing so ... the common sense part of me is telling me the party has only just begun. I am fully convinced we'll be back in lockdown before the end of July. Probably sooner.
    The other countries that have lifted lockdown are seeing sporadic outbreaks in localised areas. It’s a good thing that these are being quickly identified and control measures put in place. Not one nation that has eased lockdown long before us have been back under complete lockdown within one month.

The virus isn’t going to disappear, but there’s no reason to think that it’s going to force us into a full on lockdown that quickly, there’s just no evidence of that happening anywhere else.

Talking of parties..My husband's family have adopted an interesting interpretation on shielding. 2 extremely vulnerable adults mingling freely with guests including someone recently returned from another country..Hope it was all worth it and that the memories of said party will be happy ones only

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Most likely there'll be localised lockdowns - although quite how you put a cordon round Llangefni or Leicester I do not know. One thing's for sure: don't work in meat processing. Where I live hasn't seen a new case in a fortnight, which is encouraging but it doesn't stop me nigh-on fouling myself every time I step outside my house and encounter people. This week's heatwave will make me stay indoors anyway in the company of my electric fan.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Talking of parties..My husband's family have adopted an interesting interpretation on shielding. 2 extremely vulnerable adults mingling freely with guests including someone recently returned from another country..Hope it was all worth it and that the memories of said party will be happy ones only
    I have neighbours on one side doing this. In their 60s, regular visits from friends and family, including grandkids. What annoys me is that the grandkids are the same age as my youngest (5), and it's *******s like this that mean he can't go back to school yet, even though he wants to. It's all well and good schools implementing measures, but what's the point when the family of the kids behave like only they matter.

I really am getting sick and tired of people in this lockdown. The lockdown part is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Yeah, they just said today that Florida has surpassed 100k. They've been partying there like there's no tomorrow. One of my friends down there said the beaches and bars are packed every day. All these young people are either out of work, laid off or attending school online and have nothing else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    I have neighbours on one side doing this. In their 60s, regular visits from friends and family, including grandkids. What annoys me is that the grandkids are the same age as my youngest (5), and it's *******s like this that mean he can't go back to school yet, even though he wants to. It's all well and good schools implementing measures, but what's the point when the family of the kids behave like only they matter.

I really am getting sick and tired of people in this lockdown. The lockdown part is easy.
    A very similar situation here, except it's my neighbours on both sides! The best part of today for me was sitting under a canopy of trees at the cemetery where family members are buried. It was shady and very peaceful. The only person I saw was well away from me and she had just been tending to her allotment at the bottom of the cemetery.

The worst bit is that people genuinely do believe it's all but over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    A very similar situation here, except it's my neighbours on both sides! The best part of today for me was sitting under a canopy of trees at the cemetery where family members are buried. It was shady and very peaceful. The only person I saw was well away from me and she had just been tending to her allotment at the bottom of the cemetery.

The worst bit is that people genuinely do believe it's all but over.
    I dunno if it's just me getting old, but people 'appear' to be getting more and more arrogant.

Mind you, people think I'm arrogant so it's probably just swings and roundabouts. At least I don't mean to be. I don't choose to wear it like a badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    The other countries that have lifted lockdown are seeing sporadic outbreaks in localised areas. It’s a good thing that these are being quickly identified and control measures put in place. Not one nation that has eased lockdown long before us have been back under complete lockdown within one month.

The virus isn’t going to disappear, but there’s no reason to think that it’s going to force us into a full on lockdown that quickly, there’s just no evidence of that happening anywhere else.
    Spot on Gary.

The difference between now and the 23rd of March is much greater awareness and knowledge of COVID-19 and how it does its business (no pun intended), despite more work still needing to be done in order to defeat said virus in its entirety (e.g, full development of vaccines/medication and of course better health education).

Last week's developments including the timely discovery of an existing 'steroid' that can reduce the risk of CV deaths by up to a third and our risk level being lowered from 4 to 3 are very promising indeed, while today's daily confirmed case count is in triple figures for the first time since about mid-March (I think) and today's deaths count (in spite of being Monday) is a very lowly 15 whilst it was 36 last Monday.

I know we're still not out of the woods yet and today's stats of course could still be just a (positive) blip, but still heading in the right direction nevertheless.

Fingers crossed!!

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information