Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: A second lockdown is on it's way

Re: A second lockdown is on it's way

Hi Pulisa not sure you'll remember me, but when I was a prolific poster we use to chat, hope you're well?

Yes, as stated, its a new virus. We don't know how long the antibodies stay in our systems. A normal cold/flu is 4 weeks. SARS is 2 years. I have a family member who is Matron on a Covid ward in Manchester. All nurses developed and tested positive for covid. All of them are now on the anti body trial yet only half have anti bodies. The logistics of working all this out is a minefield.

My personal opinion is the lockdown we had, was the second wave or the mutated version of covid. Covid has been here much earlier than the Gov want us to believe. Seasonal flu was very low last year/this year. I reckon any outbreaks now will be localised and not national.

I glad everyone is well. I understand your concerns my son also developed covid and it was a worrying time.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsCav View Post
    Hi Pulisa not sure you'll remember me, but when I was a prolific poster we use to chat, hope you're well?

Yes, as stated, its a new virus. We don't know how long the antibodies stay in our systems. A normal cold/flu is 4 weeks. SARS is 2 years. I have a family member who is Matron on a Covid ward in Manchester. All nurses developed and tested positive for covid. All of them are now on the anti body trial yet only half have anti bodies. The logistics of working all this out is a minefield.

My personal opinion is the lockdown we had, was the second wave or the mutated version of covid. Covid has been here much earlier than the Gov want us to believe. Seasonal flu was very low last year/this year. I reckon any outbreaks now will be localised and not national.

I glad everyone is well. I understand your concerns my son also developed covid and it was a worrying time.
    I reckon you're probably correct in the sense that COVID-19 was already within our shores much earlier than was officially announced as many have said that they had much worse than normal flu-like symptoms that tick all the boxes for CV at both the very end of last year and the very beginning of this year, and me and my family had it mid-way through February this year, and it's already been speculated that CV was here in the UK and mainland Europe as early as December (2019).

I think we were simply just unaware of its existence at the time, even though there may already had been deaths attributed to it without us and the experts even knowing.

At least ATM our daily case count is down to pre-lockdown triple figures (874 today).

Re: A second lockdown is on its way

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I reckon you're probably correct in the sense that COVID-19 was already within our shores much earlier than was officially announced as many have said that they had much worse than normal flu-like symptoms that tick all the boxes for CV at both the very end of last year and the very beginning of this year, and me and my family had it mid-way through February this year, and it's already been speculated that CV was here in the UK and mainland Europe as early as December (2019).

I think we were simply just unaware of its existence at the time, even though there may already had been deaths attributed to it without us and the experts even knowing.

At least ATM our daily case count is down to pre-lockdown triple figures (874 today).
    I did read elsewhere (sorry, I can't link to it but it was an article on the BBC website) that yes, it may have been around earlier but it was more likely another coronavirus known as OC43. I think that may have been what caused the terrible cough I had in late November/early December; certainly I know many people who were very ill in February and almost laid out with coughs and a fever and I assumed they were just 'late to the party' and had just caught what I had earlier as (a) it was similar to what I had and (b) I didn't catch it from them.

Whilst not wishing to play the part of Jeremiah here, I do hope that the Bacchanalian that'll be the 4th of July won't put us back to square one. If you remember, when people were advised to stop drinking in pubs at the outset of all this it turned, as a friend of mine said, into something resembling the last days of Sodom and Gomorrah until an actual lockdown forced the issue.

As Boris says ..we know we can depend on the Great British Public showing Common Sense here...

I suggest that a Common Sense App is made available for those who need to be enlightened.

For those considering a safe haven away from home...The Isles Of Scilly have not had one recorded case of Covid so far...according to ITV News.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I did read elsewhere (sorry, I can't link to it but it was an article on the BBC website) that yes, it may have been around earlier but it was more likely another coronavirus known as OC43. I think that may have been what caused the terrible cough I had in late November/early December; certainly I know many people who were very ill in February and almost laid out with coughs and a fever and I assumed they were just 'late to the party' and had just caught what I had earlier as (a) it was similar to what I had and (b) I didn't catch it from them.

Whilst not wishing to play the part of Jeremiah here, I do hope that the Bacchanalian that'll be the 4th of July won't put us back to square one. If you remember, when people were advised to stop drinking in pubs at the outset of all this it turned, as a friend of mine said, into something resembling the last days of Sodom and Gomorrah until an actual lockdown forced the issue.
    On the other hand, I guess we shall see next week as to whether the reopening of our 'non-essential' shops and other facilities here in England since 15th June has had any significant impact on CV cases. Up until now, so far so good, but of course anything could change at any time.

We better get used to these lockdowns going forward as they're going to happen on a regular basis. This was a drill to get us trained and it has exceeded beyond their wildest expectations. Covid being a magic virus means it can be brought back as and when needed to shut down the whole country or even selected areas. It can be made to disappear as well when there are BLM "protests".

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    We better get used to these lockdowns going forward as they're going to happen on a regular basis. This was a drill to get us trained and it has exceeded beyond their wildest expectations. Covid being a magic virus means it can be brought back as and when needed to shut down the whole country or even selected areas. It can be made to disappear as well when there are BLM "protests".
    How do you know these lockdowns will be happening on a 'regular basis'?

Are you some kind of scientist/qualified expert?

Whatever the event, only time will tell.

Double drat..Hollow has penetrated the system..

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    As Boris says ..we know we can depend on the Great British Public showing Common Sense here...

I suggest that a Common Sense App is made available for those who need to be enlightened.

For those considering a safe haven away from home...The Isles Of Scilly have not had one recorded case of Covid so far...according to ITV News.
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Oh Hollow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information