Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: A second lockdown is on it's way

Re: A second lockdown is on it's way

Yes, I’m wondering if they’re going to close beaches and bars again.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Sounds like the best way but it's going to be interesting how they achieve local lockdowns given workers entering/leaving. I think we will be having some of these especially with all the silly beach behaviour. Germany have started doing it.
    It might happen. The Ship Of Fools (HMG) has decided that local lockdowns are for councils to do, not them - and they've now firmly established that if it spikes, it's because You The Public didn't use your 'Great British Common Sense'. After all, they've got donors to reward.

It's more likely to be a 'Spanish Flu' scenario in this country now - a deadlier second wave that attacks the younger and allegedly healthier part of the population because they thought they were immune, because Karen on Facebook told them so.

Never mind the beach behaviour - when the Philandering Pork Haystack announced pubs could re-open on a Saturday in mid-summer (picking American Independence Day - Berk!) you can guarantee that with every 'Spoons in the country open and the streets awash with cheap booze that the drunken disorder that will break out will completely overwhelm the police. Sturgeon at least saw the stupidity of that and made it a Monday...

I honestly cannot believe that they have decided to open pubs in England on a Saturday, that is one of the most stupid ideas I’ve ever heard. Up here in SNPland, it’s a Monday that they reopen.

I hope that people are sensible but I’ve got a feeling that it’s going to be chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I honestly cannot believe that they have decided to open pubs in England on a Saturday, that is one of the most stupid ideas I’ve ever heard. Up here in SNPland, it’s a Monday that they reopen.

I hope that people are sensible but I’ve got a feeling that it’s going to be chaos.
    It's the sort of thing Jolly Japes Johnson would do, no doubt as a favour to Mr. Martin for his support.

You have to remember that here in England we had a choice of either a very earnest, achingly worthy Geography supply teacher locked in a 1970s student revolt mindset of returning us all to the bad bits of the 1970s or "Funtime Boris", who was going to deliver us from the evil shackles of the EUSSR and is such a larf, innee? So people chose the latter. They may live to regret this, if Covid-19 doesn't get them first.

'Chaos' doesn't enter into it. Now imagine recent events all over the country with fat, neckless white blokes pissed by 3 o'clock. "What are you going to do about it, copper? There's more of us than there are you." will be the phrase heard everywhere. I'm intending to get any additional shopping and whatever done by Thursday at the latest and I am staying indoors after that. And I shall watch those case figures rise in every part of the land a couple of weeks later.

For me covid 19 is over. No more silly masks or hand sanitizer and if someone wants to keep 6 feet away from me that's up to them they better move out of the way. if I want to go into a place and get a sandwich I'll pull my shirt up over my nose but it's only to get the sandwich. I'm shaking hands and breathing freely. They can lock down anything they want to, I'll just go around them. The crisis is over! Hallelujah!

N.

So this is it, then? This virus will annihilate mankind!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    It has been suggested elsewhere that a virus that could form within intensively-reared poultry (as in the US and China) could have the potential to wipe out 50% of humanity. See https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ome-roost.html

PM, I don't think we should give Frank any more things to worry about

It's from the Daily Fail though so comic book stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    At worst it has a mortality rate of around 2%, maybe even less. No, it won’t annihilate mankind, that’s just hysterical nonsense.

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information