Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More cherry angiomas on breast’s

Re: Scared over patch of little spider veins

That aging think is another problem I worry about it just keeps getting better for me I feel there’s just nothing good to look forward to anymore. I was trying to have a goodnight tonight then I noticed that crap on breast’s and I’ve been sick to my stomach since checking them in mirror every two seconds I’m mentally exhausted

I know it's tough, but stop checking them. It won't help, and if you're constantly touching them it may worsen any existing skin trauma.

That’s true. I want to try to sleep but i probably won’t be able to cause I’ll be worrying🙁

Pro tip: Stop telling yourself you can't do things. All you're doing is reinforcing your fears and sense of powerlessness.

Thanks. All I could think of right now is that patch I notice I have a similar one now in different spot I other breast’s I’m feeling myself that means that’s just my skin not ibc. It definitely feels like we’re conditioned to think anything odd mark or patch or redness on breast’s is automatically something bad it sucks

Quote Originally Posted by scaredgirl86 View Post
    Thanks. All I could think of right now is that patch I notice I have a similar one now in different spot I other breast’s I’m feeling myself that means that’s just my skin not ibc. It definitely feels like we’re conditioned to think anything odd mark or patch or redness on breast’s is automatically something bad it sucks
    These patches can get lighter with time and the fact that you can see the tiny veins is reassuring. You can put some low % hydrocortisone cream on if you like. They're totally benign.

Fear of risk factors for breast cancer

I came upon a article talking about things that could cause breast cancer and it freaked me out. I fear all cancers especially breast cancer since you always hear about it. It was talking about chemicals in deodorants now I’m afraid to use it. What scared me the most was the risk from getting pregnant after 30. I’m in my early 30s and with no guy in sight I’m not gonna have a baby anytime soon and if I did I’m already older and it says increases risk and if don’t have a baby I’m also at risk and this scares and annoys me. The life I lived I had no way of being able to have kids at the safe age and now I have be at risk for my biggest fear cause of my anxieties. My question is what are your opinions on this you think it really matters or not? I feel like I’m screwed no matter what I do and it’s scary

Re: Fear of risk factors for breast cancer

I think that it’s important to consider that when we say an ‘increased risk’ it doesn’t actually mean that you’re going to/certain to develop that issue.

An example, I’m on the combined birth control pill, which has an increased risk of blood clots particularly during the first year of taking it. Now the normal risk of developing a blood clot would be roughly 2 women out of 10,000 per year, women on my birth control have an increased risk of about 5-7 out of 10,000 a year. So even though there is an increased risk, it is still very low. I don’t know the exact numbers regarding breast cancer but it’s very likely that it follows the same suit of it still depending far more on your genetic make up than what risk factors we carry (the same with the pill). The same as people that drink and smoke heavily all their lives and never develop cancer, even though we say smoking causes cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Yeah a lot of these articles fear monger you into thinking you got to have babies when your extremely young or you’ll get cancer. They use high percentage numbers saying 80%increase risk for ovarian and breast cancer. It’s scary cause even if you don’t choose to have kids they say it’s a risk it’s insane. You hear about a lot of older mothers and they live normal lives and are still alive. My great grandma had bc in her 80s and my grant had it late 50s I already worried about it and now reading these stats it’s scary they word it like have kids late or not at all you are screwed.

The same articles (had a google around) also state that while after pregnancy a woman may be 80% more likely than her peers of the same age the reported amount of breast cancer is still low because even with that much of an increased chance the likelihood of developing breast cancer is still low (unlikely) It’s all about what you take from it, when we’re anxious we patch on to the things that scare us, and gloss over the things that put that fear into perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information