Thread: 22 and convinced I have Ovarian Cancer

22 and convinced I have Ovarian Cancer

Hi, I have suffered from health anxiety for a few years now. My diet is usually quite bad but recently I have tried to improve, due to IBS and recurrent bouts of thrush. I have been taking probiotics as I believe myself to have a Candida problem. Recently, for the last few weeks I have been getting a dull ache/ throbbing in my vagina. I rang my doctors and I was tested for infection and STI’s which all came back negative. Due to still having the ache, I rang my doctors and said I am worried that it’s something to do with my ovaries / reproductive system as this is on my mind and I often worry about not being able to have kids - despite never trying. I asked to be referred to the gyne, my doctor said this can take a few months so there’s a few things she can do quicker for me. I am getting an urgent ultrasound and blood test, to check for ovarian cancer. Ever since she said that my mind has been in over drive, and I was googling my symptoms. I have a really week bladder and go to the toilet several tines a day, I am getting stomach aches and pains and sometimes the throbbing in my vagina is in my lower back and rarely in the thighs. I have been getting wind but no bloating and can still eat without feeling full. I am convinced i have cancer and have been reading up on it and I am terrified - any advice on how to cope? My blood test is in 2 weeks and I’m still waiting to find when my scan is 😫

Re: 22 and convinced I have Ovarian Cancer

Are you getting any help with your anxiety right now, Shelby?

No, I haven’t really told my doctor about it, but I think I am going to mention it when I am next speaking to her. Starting to take over my life 😞

That's a good idea. Ovarian cancer is vanishingly rare at your age, but anxiety really isn't.

This is what I keep trying to tell myself but I just can’t shake the feeling. Finding this form has really helped, seeing a lot of people go through the same stresses and worries as me is comforting - especially in the end when everything turns out okay

Yes like BI said it’s so rare at your age and you don’t really have any symptoms of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Yes like BI said it’s so rare at your age and you don’t really have any symptoms of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. I think my mind just gets carried away with me! Hopefully I will relax when I have my results

Thread Information