Thread: Throat issues - Cancer worries

Throat issues - Cancer worries

Hello,

Back in late January of this year I was eating at a seafood restaurant and at some point it felt like food or a piece of fish bone got stock down my throat or went the wrong way. 3 days after I went to see an ENT dr who stuck a scope down my throat with a camera and was able to inspect down to my vocal chords. Couldnt find anything other than irritation.

It did eventually get better, and I even forgot about it for a few months.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago (June) and it came back. It started after a sneezing fit mixed with coughin due to allergies i think. Now it feels like something is stuck again, and its particularly bad when drinking water, or non carbonated beverages, not so much with food.

Also, since this came back again (couple of weeks now) ive had bad breath, and sometimes a foul taste, i know, nasty. Comes and goes. Also my voice is graspy, and sometimes feels like im about to lose my voice. Particularly after speaking for a while (normal volume, and usually does not happen to me).

Due to covid is really difficult to see a gp, and I am freaking out. I will try to see him at some point, but even still that will take several weeks. Has anybody had a similat issue? Does this sound concerning at all? I am very concerned. I do have HA issues, and always jump to the worse conclusion. I guess I am
    Looking for reasurance. Anything. Thank you!

Rey

Re: Throat issues - Cancer worries

I just wanted to add, its like a tonsil stone type of feeling, but further down, beyond where I can see (you could say its around adans apple)

Anybody? This foreign object throat type feeling is getting me down. I have no idea what could be causing this. Im very depressed because of this..I dont know if it is of concern or not

Rey

In the 4 years you've been on the forum, have any of your fears come to fruition? (Please don't say this time is different).

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    In the 4 years you've been on the forum, have any of your fears come to fruition? (Please don't say this time is different).

Positive thoughts
    4 years! Time flies!

No fishmanpa, things have always gone away eventually, or things usually turn out to be less serious than I thought. I dont particularly think this time is different, I am just very anxious about this feeling, and the fact that I wont be able to get it checked out due to the COVID situation (it is quite difficult in my area to see in person a dr due to the pandemic) so this has added an extra layer of worry since I feel like anything could be overlooked for months.

I always appreciate the time you take to reply to threads, and this time is no different. I wish my body would give me at least a month in between scares to regroup myself...

Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Rey1989 View Post
    4 years! Time flies!

No fishmanpa, things have always gone away eventually, or things usually turn out to be less serious than I thought. I dont particularly think this time is different, I am just very anxious about this feeling, and the fact that I wont be able to get it checked out due to the COVID situation (it is quite difficult in my area to see in person a dr due to the pandemic) so this has added an extra layer of worry since I feel like anything could be overlooked for months.

I always appreciate the time you take to reply to threads, and this time is no different. I wish my body would give me at least a month in between scares to regroup myself...

Rey

I appreciate the honesty in your reply Rey. Its a positive you can look at it objectively and recognize this for what it is

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Whatever it is, it is not cancer. It can be psychosomatic or reflux maybe.

Thank you very much for your answer. It has gotten better over the last week or so. I am thinking maybe I injured my throat when sneezing or coughin.. but I am a lot better now!

Thank you all for your input

Rey

Thread Information