Hi all

I am a long time member of NoMorePanic and have been here many times over the years with one thing and another

I have under active thyroid,fibromyalgia,ibs and I’m on Lanzoprozole for acid been on medications for all of that for quite some time

I suffer terrible with crippling anxiety 😔 mainly based around my health

I am 47 now and I am petrified of hospitals doctors any kind of test it’s not the actual test that worries me it’s the results I have been this way since my mam passed away suddenly from a Aortic Stenosis at just 62 years old this was nearly 12 years ago

My health anxiety is focused on my chest heart and anything to do with it but I am also petrified of cancer and of course the corona virus

I have had a terrible 4 weeks it all started when I trimmed the hedge in my front garden with an electric hedge trimmer it was a hot day I had just been for a walk with my son and I drank 2 cans of fizzy pop in quick succession

I ended up having a massive panic attack lasting about 30 mins it was horrendous and all I could think about was paramedics coming having to go hospital it was so horrible I haven’t been right since

I live with a permanent scared feeling either in my chest or my stomach turns I’ve developed panicky feelings when going out walking but I have forced myself to go and I am proud of myself for that my stomach feels constantly on edge I am probably going toilet every 3 days instead of every day as before I’m not really interested in food although I am eating I can sit and feel perfectly fine and then out of nowhere I can start feeling scared and panicky

I’ve had lots of little panic episodes since that Friday a month ago I have been wondering if my ibs is now the cause of my panicky feelings

I’ve had time off work for the first time ever with my anxiety I had been doing so well with it

I feel like I’ve let myself down and it’s awful

Can anyone relate?

Thank you