Thread: A little bit of positive

A little bit of positive

As many may know, i work in a health/care home setting. Today was the first time since MARCH we were allowed to have outside visitors for the residents!! Of course, we have strict rules to follow and such. Following Irish guidelinesset by the government. As many residents have health issues so we have to be very careful with bringing in people but oh I was in total tears today. It was a joy, getting to see families get to see their loved one again after everything. It's been stressful, ive faced alot of hard times during this as have many in this type of work.

I know it may not be alot but it just made me feel so joyed today. We a sister nursing home, between the two buildings we have over 85% of the residents sick but thankfully....we've lost none. It's been a battle to keep everyone as healthy as possible but we're fighting on. There is a long road ahead but we've come this far together and as my manged says we'll all reach the end together.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Re: A little bit of positive

Well done, Louise

I bet the residents were so happy to see their loved ones and to know they are safe. It can't have been easy for them being isolated away from the kindness of visits that they must look forward to? Supporting them emotionally must have brought even more pressure to you guys.

It's also great to hear you have suffered no losses. The diligence of workers such as yourself playing a large part in that.

It's great to hear a heartwarming story.

That's such good news, Louise and you can feel so proud of being part of a dedicated team of carers who have kept your residents safe throughout such a challenging time.

I know it's not over by a long way yet but at least people can have visitors now which must make things a lot less intense and you will be able to step back a bit emotionally..

You have done so well to keep going but don't be surprised if exhaustion hits you once you take your foot off the pedal a bit xx

Wow you’ve done really well. Congratulations x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is lovely news and what a success to have no lost any of your residents!! In the US it's absolutely shameful how many people in care homes have died of Covid.

Thank you all for the replys xx We've had a few visitors everyday now. It's a long process getting them in and the clean down afterwards but it's all worth it to me xx I know we are still very much in the middle of this but I have a lil tiny bit of hope at the moment. It's all been worth it for me, the months of stress and worrying with them to see them smile when seeing their loved ones again

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thread Information