Thread: Spiralling out of control

Spiralling out of control

I hope this is the right forum, I have always had mild OCD behaviours alongside my generalised anxiety, and an OCD spike when I had a baby, but ever since covid19 made an appearance these OCD behaviours have taken over my life.

I feel like there is constant contamination around me. I'm scared to go outside even for a walk. I can't do the food shopping, my husband has to do it and then I wipe everything I can down, or put into quarantine. I have to have a shower and change my clothes if I have been in any kind of indoor place like the chemist, etc. and I'm always using antibac on things that have been outside. Even with all this I'm still scared that I've missed something.

I am living in constant fear of an invisible disease that I feel is all around me but I can't see it. I can't live like this forever, it's horrible!

Is anyone else like this at the moment??

Re: Spiralling out of control

You are definitely not alone. Even people without OCD are experiencing these kind of thoughts, albeit varying in levels of severity. I would try, if I were you, to understand that the most damaging thing to your quality of life right now is your OCD, which would be far worse than if you contracted covid 19 in all probability.

I hope as time has passed that you are feeling better,

God bless

Anxiouscow

Thread Information