Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to become less aware of bodily sensations?

Re: How to become less aware of bodily sensations?

Agreed, you have to accept them. I have to rationalise mine which brings reality to the situation. Some people experience more bodily sensations than others eg autoimmune issues, but the same logic applies (but often with meds).

1. We did the hard months in lockdown abiding by rules for you to get here.
    2. No one gives a shit if you prefer white towels or hotels with sea views.
    You're in quarantine for fourteen days ...obey the rules.

I was having a great day yesterday just telling my sub conscience NO seemed to work so I felt really good. Today it's not working as well so feeling a bit deflated. I know it was only 1 day so will do my best to continue how I reacted yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by KatieProsecco View Post
    I was having a great day yesterday just telling my sub conscience NO seemed to work so I felt really good. Today it's not working as well so feeling a bit deflated. I know it was only 1 day so will do my best to continue how I reacted yesterday!
    Changes in mental behaviour will take months to really take effect. It's something you have to practice every day, but even on 'bad' days just remember that you've already seen the benefits of just one day, so imagine how much better it could be if you practice it for several months.

Sounds stupid but ban yourself from using phrases like "I'll try" or "do my best". By saying these things you are telling yourself it will be hard and that you may not succeed. If someone says "try and pick up that box" you automatically think it will be heavy. A simple replacing of these phrases to "I will" is a much more positive and confident way of thinking.

So you "will" continue to carry on what worked yesterday if you choose to do so. You did it yesterday so why not today. If you fall off the wagon,no stress, get back on again.

If you feel bad, speak to someone about it or just post back on here.

Thanks for the excellent advice I'll definitely take it on. It really is much appreciated. :-)

Pav is right, and to certain extent there's a fair amount of 'stop feeling sorry for yourself' about this too.

Health anxiety isn't something that happens to you, it's a habit you keep repeating. You're not a victim, you're an addict....so to speak.

If you try your best and you fail, you're not trying hard enough.....etc.

Thanks everyone and sorry for gate crashing this feed! :-)

Thanks everyone and sorry for gate crashing this feed! :-)

All relevant so no bad

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone in this thread for your advice! I did my best to dismiss the thoughts when they come into my brain (which is constantly!) and I had a couple of really good days! Its been harder today because the shaking in my left hand has been harder to ignore while I type but I'm determined to power through. I want to get better!

Quote Originally Posted by elincia View Post
    Just wanted to say thank you to everyone in this thread for your advice! I did my best to dismiss the thoughts when they come into my brain (which is constantly!) and I had a couple of really good days! Its been harder today because the shaking in my left hand has been harder to ignore while I type but I'm determined to power through. I want to get better!
    Well done.

You will get better over time, just keep doing what you're doing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information