Page 35 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

I know people are trying to help me, I’m just so scared.
    I watched a programme last night and a woman was having chest pain and she had tests and it was anxiety, although it was very real. I do sometimes have a problem with my ears that causes me to feel dizzy.

You keep telling us that you're so scared, yes.

What are you hoping we can do about this?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    You keep telling us that you're so scared, yes.

What are you hoping we can do about this?
    I know your not able to do anything, just offer advice x

But if you keep on doing things that we've told you are counterproductive, what's the point in us trying to help?

How could you possibly justify going to hospital again? Who would take you or will you be driving yourself ? Hospital isn't a safe haven or a coping stategy.

You watch a TV programme about illness..Why? Do you enjoy hearing people talking about their symptoms? It's not entertainment for people with HA bvut it appears to be compulsive viewing.

I know hospital is not the answer, but in the middle of panic it does.
    Medical programmes are not great for me, but it reassured me that chest pain can be caused by anxiety.
    I really feel that I’m dying at the moment.

If you really, genuinely feel you're dying, then there's nothing any of us can do to help; you need to have a chat with your parents and explain how you're feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    If you really, genuinely feel you're dying, then there's nothing any of us can do to help; you need to have a chat with your parents and explain how you're feeling.
    Gp is calling tomorrow for a review. I’ve just been to the post office, doubt I would of managed that if I was dying.
    Maybe the dying is not physical but emotionally.
    Still dizzy, but had bppv a while ago and think it might be that. I’m not trying to diagnose myself and will check with dr.

I do hope your Psych appointment on Friday goes well.

PB, I’ve been reading through your posts and the replies. A few on here have asked you direct questions which you have ignored and posted about another concern or symptom. As I’m writing this, I’m feel a wee sense of hypocrisy as over the past months I have suffered to a lesser extent what you are experiencing. It’s just cost me my relationship. There’s only so much that people will listen to or try and help. As hard as it is, you need to make the change. Be it alone or professional help. It’s like someone who is dependant, you post, someone replies which calms you down and you feel better until something triggers the anxiety or worry again. You post again, and the same thing happens. You need to break the cycle and I know it’s very hard. Going to A&E is not the answer. You will get a reputation as a frequent flyer. Trust me, just happened to me over the past 5 months and I do have something to be concerned about as I’ve had a heart attack which was bad and knocked out a large percentage of my heart. Despite this, I now have the label on my medical files. Health Anxiety.

I do have some medical issues going on which has screwed me. Covid, the shutdown, being unable to see a GP has not helped and I’m a person that needs answers to things and I’m angry. So I’ve stupidly tried self diagnosing. I’ve now said F@*k all this, I need to get back strong and to some normality. Again, understand this is hard and not possible for everyone to do. But I think there’s a point that if medical tests have ruled out anything sinister, you need to look at what other things can be causing your issues or just accept that you are okay. I really hope I haven’t offended you in anyway, but you need to break this spiral. Many on here have been there and will be able to offer advice. Take it!

Page 35 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread Information