Page 94 of 97 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

What disease do you think you have though? Why are you worried that you can't cry?

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    I have had my cbt assessment and will start again with my last therapist on Friday.
    I now finally realise that I have to put the work in or nothing will change.
    I have another worry at the moment, for years I have had dry eyes and occasionally use drops, but for the last couple of weeks, I’ve not been able to cry, no tears at all, even when I feel like crying. I’m really worried that this is permanent. Has anyone had this and have they been able to cry eventually. I think I have had this a couple of times before, but years ago.

Why not try some more drops for dry eyes and remember your commitment to put the work in?

I will buy some more drops today, I've had dry eyes before, but have always been able to cry. I feel so sad, but theres no tears.
    My cbt starts again on Friday.
    I know I will have to put the work in and stick with it.
    This feels so bad, I'm not sure if some of it might be emotions causing me to not cry. I've had this before, but not for so long.

I’ve started cbt and am trying to control my HA.
    Today I received an appointment for a ct angiogram, which I cancelled straight away.
    I had a couple of borderline ecgs and was suppose to have a stress echo, I explained to my gp that I would prefer to have a ct. This was a few months ago and my gp is on maternity leave. I had put the thought of problems with my heart out of my mind. I’m worried now that they must think I have heart disease and instead of having the test , I’ve cancelled.

Why have you cancelled it?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I just panicked

I’ve started cbt and am trying to control my HA.
    Today I received an appointment for a ct angiogram, which I cancelled straight away.
    I had a couple of borderline ecgs and was suppose to have a stress echo, I explained to my gp that I would prefer to have a ct. This was a few months ago and my gp is on maternity leave. I had put the thought of problems with my heart out of my mind. I’m worried now that they must think I have heart disease and instead of having the test , I’ve cancelled.
    "Heart disease" that could wait a fair few months though? Yet at the time you were convinced that you were about to have a heart attack until another health fear replaced this conviction?

Cancel the test because you are trying to manage your HA and know now that unnecessary tests don't help you. Don't doubt your decision. You had forgotten about your perceived heart problems.

The problem is I feel that the test is probably necessary, it's just I'm too scared to have it.
    When I spoke to a gp a couple of weeks ago, he said my last ecg in August at a&e was normal. I had one the day before that was abnormal. I'm really confused. Im worried the test would show clogged arteries, but if this is the case I need to know.
    I have spent the past year at home with my elderly parents and I think this is getting to me and sometimes my worries go onto my health.
    A few weeks ago , i was worrying about not crying, I have cried, but i feel numb.

Don't have this test unless you really need it - I had one last March and it isn't the most pleasant experience and you will be in hospital for many many hours.

If they think you need it then you need it but ask them if they do or are they just doing it to shut you up lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

The problem is I feel that the test is probably necessary, it's just I'm too scared to have it.
    When I spoke to a gp a couple of weeks ago, he said my last ecg in August at a&e was normal. I had one the day before that was abnormal. I'm really confused. Im worried the test would show clogged arteries, but if this is the case I need to know.
    I have spent the past year at home with my elderly parents and I think this is getting to me and sometimes my worries go onto my health.
    A few weeks ago , i was worrying about not crying, I have cried, but i feel numb.

"Probably necessary"? This is your HA telling you that although you had forgotten about the chest pain now that the routine referral has come through it will be at the forefront of your mind again. Why not discuss this test with your therapist? It's clinical need versus CYA medicine but it's a big test for your HA management resolve.

Page 94 of 97 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast

Thread Information