Page 73 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPC View Post
    If you have a stress echo it will show if you have a problem when your heart is under any stress. The treadmill is quite challenging. I had mine just before Xmas. Done it and they asked me to wait outside. I was called in straight away thinking I had a problem, but the recordings never saved. Had to do it again after a 20 min rest. I actually fared better the second tine round. Good luck
    Thank you, hoping I can just have a straight forward ct scan.

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    Had to go to drs today for severe dizziness, I was diagnosed with bppv, which I’ve had before and should go on it’s own.
    I mentioned my ecgs and gp said that two of my ecgs were abnormal, but that the cardiologist was not concerned, this has made me even more worried.
    Ive still got tingling and numbness in fingers on left hand, it’s made worse if I type, I’m sure I’ve damaged my nerves. It’s been a week now.
    Gp is calling next Monday, I said that I didn’t want a stress ecg, but I don’t think that she realised that I’ve received a text to say that the cardiac department will contact me to arrange this. I’m sure I’ve got heart disease.
    How did you manage to get to the GP with severe dizziness?

If the cardiologist wasn't concerned, why are you having a stress ecg? Why is the GP calling next Monday? You do appear to be having a lot of contact with your GP-is this a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    How did you manage to get to the GP with severe dizziness?

If the cardiologist wasn't concerned, why are you having a stress ecg? Why is the GP calling next Monday? You do appear to be having a lot of contact with your GP-is this a good thing?
    I went to see the gp in the afternoon, the dizziness had got a lot better, but had been severe in the morning and I wouldn’t of been able to go.
    Cardiologist wants to check with an exercise ecg, especially as I have been to A&E with chest pain on quite a few times.
    Gp calls for a review every couple of weeks. I know I’ve had a lot of contact. I just can’t get it out of my head that I have heart disease, although gp says unlikely, but I’ve had two abnormal ecgs .

How many ECGs have you actually had this year though? My son's abnormality was picked up straightaway and he was referred for more sophisticated tests and a diagnosis. He didn't keep having ECGs when there was an obvious problem.

I went to see the gp in the afternoon, the dizziness had got a lot better, but had been severe in the morning and I wouldn’t of been able to go.
    Cardiologist wants to check with an exercise ecg, especially as I have been to A&E with chest pain on quite a few times.
    Gp calls for a review every couple of weeks. I know I’ve had a lot of contact. I just can’t get it out of my head that I have heart disease, although gp says unlikely, but I’ve had two abnormal ecgs .
    Hi pb, I have vertigo - dizziness is awful.

I've had two abnormal ECGs. One done by paramedics, and that was abnormal enough for them to take me to hospital, and one done in the doctors surgery. I don't have heart disease.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Hi pb, I have vertigo - dizziness is awful.

I've had two abnormal ECGs. One done by paramedics, and that was abnormal enough for them to take me to hospital, and one done in the doctors surgery. I don't have heart disease.
    Thank you, the dizziness is much better this morning.
    The hospital want me to have a stress ecg , but I’m hoping I can have a ct scan instead.
    I had normal ecgs at the end of June and then the abnormal ones in August, gp still thinks my heart is fine.
    Still have the strange tingling in left hand , especially when i type.
    My friend who I speak to everyday and who helps with my anxiety is going away on Thursday for two and a half weeks , so worried that I won’t have her support.

You can't rely on this friend, pb. You need to take some responsibility for your own mental health.

Nothing really seems to be helping you anyway. You may do a lot better once she is not "available".

The hospital want me to have a stress ecg , but I’m hoping I can have a ct scan instead.
    While CT scans are not invasive, they are not without risk. Plus you're getting a hefty blast of radiation. My policy is - if it's necessary (as it was when I was bleeding internally and my life was at risk) it's a no brainer. However, if it will take a CT scan to convince you (I'm not sure that it will, though) you have to make that choice. It's your body, after all. It's your call to make. I just prefer to make my choices knowing all the facts. I had a heart echo and that was fine, but I was satisfied with that.

I had normal ecgs at the end of June and then the abnormal ones in August, gp still thinks my heart is fine.
    Your GP will have seen a lot of people with heart disease. and the fact that he/she isn't concerned should tell you something. As I've said, abnormal ECGs happen. They happened to me, and I don't have heart disease or anything wrong with my heart that hasn't been corrected by sorting my anxiety levels (and HA) out.

Still have the strange tingling in left hand , especially when i type.
    You type left-handed?

My friend who I speak to everyday and who helps with my anxiety is going away on Thursday for two and a half weeks , so worried that I won’t have her support.
    So, I've been on both sides of HA as carer/supporter and sufferer. Your mate will have earned this break as supporting someone with HA is emotionally exhausting. This is not to say that she doesn't want to help you - but were are all only human. There will always be someone on here to help talk you down, and if you want to talk one to one - feel free to message me.

You will be ok, pb, and once you realise that you coped without her, you will be stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    While CT scans are not invasive, they are not without risk. Plus you're getting a hefty blast of radiation. My policy is - if it's necessary (as it was when I was bleeding internally and my life was at risk) it's a no brainer. However, if it will take a CT scan to convince you (I'm not sure that it will, though) you have to make that choice. It's your body, after all. It's your call to make. I just prefer to make my choices knowing all the facts. I had a heart echo and that was fine, but I was satisfied with that.

Your GP will have seen a lot of people with heart disease. and the fact that he/she isn't concerned should tell you something. As I've said, abnormal ECGs happen. They happened to me, and I don't have heart disease or anything wrong with my heart that hasn't been corrected by sorting my anxiety levels (and HA) out.

You type left-handed?

So, I've been on both sides of HA as carer/supporter and sufferer. Your mate will have earned this break as supporting someone with HA is emotionally exhausting. This is not to say that she doesn't want to help you - but were are all only human. There will always be someone on here to help talk you down, and if you want to talk one to one - feel free to message me.

You will be ok, pb, and once you realise that you coped without her, you will be stronger.
    I know , I was thinking maybe an echo would be better.
    Thank you for your help
    I type right handed, but do use my left hand sometimes .

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You can't rely on this friend, pb. You need to take some responsibility for your own mental health.

Nothing really seems to be helping you anyway. You may do a lot better once she is not "available".
    I hope so

Page 73 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread Information