Page 14 of 97 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    I’m trying to stay calm, but my groin, hip and knee are burning and I feel sick. Even I know you wouldn’t get a burning knee with appendix. Gp said last time it was my hip. If I really panic I feel sick.
    When I went to AnE with chest pain, on one occasion the dr said I might have fibromyalgia, I’m not looking for another perceived illness, but I just have so many different pains.
    When I was in my thirties, I had severe joint pain for a year and couldn’t work and on another few occasions I have had the same.
    I realise that stress can cause pain , but it’s hard to believe this is all from anxiety.
    My mum and sister have had appendix and have said I would definitely know if I had this.
    I have the phone number for anxiety uk and was thinking maybe I should call them, as I’ve said before I am very lonely .
    You've been suffering with anxiety/panic for many years now so it doesn't surprise me that you've developed chronic pain. The body can only tolerate so much before mental illness manifests physically - usually as pain.

If your doc suspects fibromyalgia, you should ideally be referred to a pain clinic so you can be treated with meds to control symptoms. There are also non-med options which might suit you better.

No point suffering in silence anymore, pb.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Pain clinics also teach psychological ways to keep pain in the background. The aim is to get it to "background noise" level so that the brain isn't concentrating on it all the time. You do need another focus in your life to counteract functional pain though. Have you looked at those employment links yet?

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    You've been suffering with anxiety/panic for many years now so it doesn't surprise me that you've developed chronic pain. The body can only tolerate so much before mental illness manifests physically - usually as pain.

If your doc suspects fibromyalgia, you should ideally be referred to a pain clinic so you can be treated with meds to control symptoms. There are also non-med options which might suit you better.

No point suffering in silence anymore, pb.
    KK stole the words right out of my mouth. This is exactly what I was going to say.

There's a huge waiting list for pain management clinics though and once you are seen it's months for services to be offered. At least that was my experience.

Thank you for your replies , I’ve just heard that I will have some school work in October and November.
    Had quite a good evening, but have woken up with burning in my hip and feel sick.
    Gp is calling on Wednesday to review my anxiety , but I will also tell her about the pain and nausea.
    Feel that if it was my appendix I would be really ill by now, as this started on Tuesday.
    Going to go to local shop this morning and will put some more stuff on eBay.
    Will also try to look at employment links.

Pressed my stomach this morning and slightly to the right of my belly button felt tender. Now really worried it’s appendix.
    Also feel really sick, but often feel sick in the morning.
    Its my mums birthday today and my sister is coming.
    Can pressing your stomach give you a appendix.
    Ive become obsessed with every symptom , especially appendix. Hip and groin still burning.
    Had chest pain this morning , but managed to reassure myself this is stress.
    Can stress make you feel so sick.
    Spoke to nurse practitioner on Thursday, she said if I continue to loose weight , I will have to have a ct scan, really don’t want this.
    Stomach feels like it’s burning as well, this is a new symptom.
    My anxiety is completely controlling my life.
    I just need to know can you give yourself an appendix.

Re: Ear, tooth and jaw pain

Pb do you mind me asking how old you are?

I’m not answering your appendix question, I know that you’re anxious and upset but it’s a ridiculous question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in my fifties, a whole life wasted

Also, sorry to be mean, but everyone has an appendix, apart from those who've already had it removed due to appendicitis.

Work on your anxiety and use your logical head.

I meant appendicitis , I’m stressed and scared, I do know the difference.
    Im definitely going to stop prodding my stomach and try to enjoy today, as it’s my mums birthday x

Page 14 of 97 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread Information