Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: Infared thermometer - Eyes

Honestly, no, because this is an absolutely ridiculous concern. Sorry.

Why is this ridiculous, I’m so sorry for all of this..

Don't be sorry. Why do you think a forehead thermometer could injure your eye?

If it was a danger to your eyes there would be warnings on the instructions.

Do you feel like taking your temperature so much has helped your anxiety at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PB. I have just been back through your posting history for the last 3 months and took note of everything you have diagnosed yourself with...

So bearing in mind this is just 3 months, you have diagnosed yourself with...

22nd March – IBS
    25th April – diverticulitis
    9th May – Coronavirus
    4 hours later
    9th May – Gout
    11th May – sore throat and ear – Coronavirus
    14th May – Dry cough
    14th May – toothache
    16th May – temperature 36.7… too high??
    24th May Kidney failure
    24th May – Appendicitis
    25th May – still appendicitis
    25th May Bowel obstruction
    25th May – Burning Knee
    26th may – Felling sick
    27th May – Appendicitis again
    30th May – Hernia
    30th May - Damaged bladder by prodding the groin
    30th June - constant peeing
    30th May – Groin strain
    30th May – Hernia from poking the groin
    30th May – leg pain
    4th June – chest pain
    6th June – lower leg-burning – a blood clot
    6th June – another leg pain – DVT
    9th June – Gastroparesis
    13th June – Diverticulitis
    14th June - pains in the side
    19th June - Cancer
    21st June – crunching Jaw, tooth and ear pain – Coronavirus
    23rd June – food poisoning
    24th June – Eye damage from infrared thermometer from constant temperature taking.

So what does this all tell you? I know you are aware you are spiralling but seeing it all written down can sometimes be a bit of a wake-up call and for you to see how 'silly' HA actually is......

On that note, I am thinking that it may be of use to you to keep all of your worries to the same thread so you can see it all as a whole how you are spiralling and you can see everyone's advice for you all on one thread... So maybe as I have written all of your worries down here we continue on this thread.... please can you post all of your worries onto this one thread? I will rename the thread for you.

How many of these illnesses have you been actually diagnosed with by a Dr?

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

OMG , this list makes me feel really sad. A friend tonight said that I was wasting my life, going from one imagined illness to another. I do have ibs and have to have a colonoscopy and endoscopy for a positive stool sample, but the rest has not been confirmed !
    My HA is so severe, it’s completely out of control and reassurance just leads to a new symptom.
    I feel trapped...

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Sorry the list made you feel a bit sad but at the same time, I am also glad looking at it has made you think.

I don't suffer from HA, so it is hard for me to be empathetic about it all and it is difficult for me to understand really BUT I do understand that it is a crap disorder to have and a hard one for you to deal with as your mind will just go from one worry to another and when you are spiralling it is hard for you to get out of that spiral.

I would say, get things down on paper.... make a table of 2 columns one with your thought in it and on the other side write more balanced thoughts.... like in the first column it could be "I have stomach pains, and in the groin too I am scared I have appendicitis" and in the other challenge those thoughts and put things like "I know that I have IBS and that causes these symptoms" or "I know anxiety also has these symptoms"

sometimes it is good to have it all down on paper and challenge your thoughts... It is also really hard at the minute as it is difficult to do the normal things you would to distract yourself, but if you do get the urge to do things like take your temperature like today then distract yourself, do something completely different.. or failing that throw the thermometer away.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I’m due to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy on Tuesday morning and my nausea and chest pain have returned. Really worried that they won’t be able to do them. I had 2 ecgs and a blood test at AnE 9 days ago, they were normal.

They will still be normal. You have had so many ECGs and tests recently. It just goes to show how repeated testing just fuels HA. Your GP should be helping you manage your HA not repeatedly sending you for tests. What benefit do you get from going to A&E so frequently? How long does any reassurance last?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    They will still be normal. You have had so many ECGs and tests recently. It just goes to show how repeated testing just fuels HA. Your GP should be helping you manage your HA not repeatedly sending you for tests. What benefit do you get from going to A&E so frequently? How long does any reassurance last?
    It only ever lasts for a short while, really trying to tell myself that the stress is causing my chest pain and nausea. Also have pins and needles in left hand.
    My friend who I call quite a lot has told me this morning what I really need help with my mental health and has offered to call my gp , as she is so concerned.
    Im Scared I won’t be able to have the tests on Tuesday.

Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information