Page 20 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    Mental health support worker called yesterday and it’s been decided that I should have a review by a psychiatrist, it will probably be in a couple of weeks.
    Today I have burning in the back of my knee, a tender stomach and I keep coughing, I have had a cough on and off for four months and goes when I’m in bed.
    Of course I’ve now diagnosed myself with a dvt and corona .
    Was thinking that I didn’t really need a review by a psychiatrist, but maybe I do, but maybe I have got covid and a dvt.
    Its so difficult.
    By your posting you really need a review by a Psychiatrist,no maybes you do you need to get your life back to some kind of normal.x

I’m really panicking, behind my knee is really burning, I have had this before , but worried it’s a dvt and if I leave it I will die.

How can we help with this?

I’m really panicking, behind my knee is really burning, I have had this before , but worried it’s a dvt and if I leave it I will die.
    You've had it before and you're still alive.

Yes I am going for a coffee and I have to go to the chemist to scan some statements for my parents.
    I know I post so many posts with numerous pains and illnesses, it’s so hard to know what’s real.
    I have got a small umbilical hernia and I think sometimes that pulls and causes some of the pain, I’ve had the hernia for years and because it’s very small I don’t need treatment.
    Spoke to my gp on Wednesday, I am worried that something will be missed eventually , because of the numerous complaints..
    I have to do another stool sample, just to check , my colonoscopy was normal but they want me to do another test.
    Going to my sisters on Sunday , we will stay in the garden, this will be my first trip out in four months.
    I am trying to help my self and I have not been staying in bed..
    Why do you need to do another stool test? Your scope was normal. What are they "checking" for?

I can understand that you are worried that something will be missed because of your HA. Isn't this motivation to learn to reassure yourself rather than overusing the GP and NHS? Of course they are going to dismiss everything as "just anxiety" because your symptoms change by the day/hour even..

They want to check for blood, I didn’t ask for the second test.
    Yes , I have had the behind my knee burning pain before, it wasn’t a dvt"
    My symptoms change daily and they all feel real.

I'm sure they do feel real but it doesn't mean they are significant or indicate disease.

Everyone’s fed up with me. My knees really burning and it’s worse when I walk, I know I’ve had this before.
    I think even my gp is fed up with me, she said she will contact me by sms now, although I have got a review appointment in two weeks that she asked me to book !
    Im not imagining the pains.
    I cant seen anyway out of this.

You need to pay attention to what people are saying here. Stop talking about your aches and pains all the time; we all have weird body stuff going on.

Find something more productive to focus on - maybe look at charity volunteering as a way you can get back into the workplace.

Recovering from health anxiety is hard, and even once the worst has passed you need to be vigilant. Sitting around feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to help.

Everyone’s fed up with me. My knees really burning and it’s worse when I walk, I know I’ve had this before.
    I think even my gp is fed up with me, she said she will contact me by sms now, although I have got a review appointment in two weeks that she asked me to book !
    Im not imagining the pains.
    I cant seen anyway out of this.
    I think your GP needs to realise that all this contact with her just perpetuates your HA.

The way out of this lies with you, pb. No quick fixes. The first thing to think about is how you use this forum. Documenting your aches and pains is food and drink for HA.

Page 20 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread Information