Page 27 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Getting really sharp back and chest spasms, this feels different.

Hey, pb, have you seen the thread by helenhoo called "My Current Numerous Worries"? If not, check it out. It's got over 800 replies. Helenhoo is super sick. But not with any physical illness. She has health anxiety. It's so bad, it's pretty much taken over her life, and it's been that way for years. She spends all of her free time worrying and posting on these sites. She has no life, pretty much.

You really need to take to heart what FMP and others are saying on here. It looks like you've been anxious and depressed for a decade. No one wants to see you end up like Helenhoo.

If you can't do this for yourself at least do it for your parents? Are you able to put yourself in their position and understand how distressing it must be to have a daughter who is constantly fearing illness and who is living a life based around tests,procedures and doctor/hospital visits?

If your GP hasn't twigged that you have HA yet then why not see another doctor in the practice who won't enable your HA by offering you tests ad infinitum? You need tests based on clinical need alone. Sorry to be blunt but you really have got to make a start on managing this or it will just go on and on x

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Hey, pb, have you seen the thread by helenhoo called "My Current Numerous Worries"? If not, check it out. It's got over 800 replies. Helenhoo is super sick. But not with any physical illness. She has health anxiety. It's so bad, it's pretty much taken over her life, and it's been that way for years. She spends all of her free time worrying and posting on these sites. She has no life, pretty much.

You really need to take to heart what FMP and others are saying on here. It looks like you've been anxious and depressed for a decade. No one wants to see you end up like Helenhoo.
    Yes I have, I really don’t want this. I don’t post on other sites, I did confide to a friend about my daily postings and she said that I need help. I don’t know why I’m getting so much pain.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post

I'd say that pb has far more of an entrenched condition than helenhoo. I really feel for pb who has admitted that she is very lonely and very troubled by her HA. I'd love to think that she will accept help from her GP and start working towards living without torment from HA.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    If you can't do this for yourself at least do it for your parents? Are you able to put yourself in their position and understand how distressing it must be to have a daughter who is constantly fearing illness and who is living a life based around tests,procedures and doctor/hospital visits?

If your GP hasn't twigged that you have HA yet then why not see another doctor in the practice who won't enable your HA by offering you tests ad infinitum? You need tests based on clinical need alone. Sorry to be blunt but you really have got to make a start on managing this or it will just go on and on x
    i know my dad is upset about my health worries, I have thought that I should see a different gp. I’m scared I’m having a heart attack.

You really should see a different GP. Start afresh and ditch the hopeless one.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'd say that pb has far more of an entrenched condition than helenhoo. I really feel for pb who has admitted that she is very lonely and very troubled by her HA. I'd love to think that she will accept help from her GP and start working towards living without torment from HA.
    I’m really upset and desperate about my HA, I do reply to people’s posts and try to take on board what is being said. It’s my birthday tomorrow, this makes me sad x

You don't need to use symptoms to get attention on here. We are listening to you, pb

Tomorrow is a special day for you..Do you plan to do anything nice? I hope so. I know it's hard when you are feeling so frightened but I hope you manage to get some respite xx

Page 27 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread Information