Page 36 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPC View Post
    PB, I’ve been reading through your posts and the replies. A few on here have asked you direct questions which you have ignored and posted about another concern or symptom. As I’m writing this, I’m feel a wee sense of hypocrisy as over the past months I have suffered to a lesser extent what you are experiencing. It’s just cost me my relationship. There’s only so much that people will listen to or try and help. As hard as it is, you need to make the change. Be it alone or professional help. It’s like someone who is dependant, you post, someone replies which calms you down and you feel better until something triggers the anxiety or worry again. You post again, and the same thing happens. You need to break the cycle and I know it’s very hard. Going to A&E is not the answer. You will get a reputation as a frequent flyer. Trust me, just happened to me over the past 5 months and I do have something to be concerned about as I’ve had a heart attack which was bad and knocked out a large percentage of my heart. Despite this, I now have the label on my medical files. Health Anxiety.

I do have some medical issues going on which has screwed me. Covid, the shutdown, being unable to see a GP has not helped and I’m a person that needs answers to things and I’m angry. So I’ve stupidly tried self diagnosing. I’ve now said F@*k all this, I need to get back strong and to some normality. Again, understand this is hard and not possible for everyone to do. But I think there’s a point that if medical tests have ruled out anything sinister, you need to look at what other things can be causing your issues or just accept that you are okay. I really hope I haven’t offended you in anyway, but you need to break this spiral. Many on here have been there and will be able to offer advice. Take it!
    Thank you for your reply, I am not offended. I know going to AnE is not the answer. I have been checked out for chest pain quite a few times, with blood tests and ecgs, but it’s just when I get the spasms I always think it’s different and it’s definitely a heart attack.
    I have so many symptoms, that I don’t know what’s real, and I have been told that what’s real is my entrenched HA.
    People on here do try to help, but I think they are fed up and feel that I don’t listen. I do listen , but it’s so hard to change my mind set.
    Ive got a telephone consultation with a psychiatrist on Friday, I’m really not sure this is the answer.
    I wish you well with your struggles.

How many heart attacks have you lived through though? Every spasm is a potential heart attack to you but evidence from tests suggests otherwise. What do you think the answer is if it's not a psychiatric assessment? More tests? Would you prefer going down the testing route because it's what you are used to and because you believe that you are physically ill? Does a change in approach threaten your perceived status as a sickly person?

PB, I really wish you piece of mind. The symptoms are so varied if someone has a heart attack. Mine was what they call the widow maker. I had none of the typical pain that you and so many others refer to when heart attack is mentioned. Funny enough, the symptoms that I have been experiencing in my chest since March, which I now think is pepsin was 10 times worse. Don’t let this rule or waste your life. Get help, make the changes, and think of a positive future.

Look at that CBD oil. I have heard it works so well for anxiety.

Good luck

Peace of mind even. This phone Grrr

CBD oil is really great for back spasms, I'll say that much.

I have thought about cbd oil before

Give it a go, what have you got to lose? If you’re on other meds just check there will be no interactions. You might find it calms your pain and anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    How many heart attacks have you lived through though? Every spasm is a potential heart attack to you but evidence from tests suggests otherwise. What do you think the answer is if it's not a psychiatric assessment? More tests? Would you prefer going down the testing route because it's what you are used to and because you believe that you are physically ill? Does a change in approach threaten your perceived status as a sickly person?
    My dad has said this about the number of heart attacks I have thought I was having.
    Just tried to have a sleep and had to get up as spasms in chest are so painful.

I know you are determined to carry on down the route of symptom speak because it's what you are most comfortable with and it's familiar territory and I suspect you are fearful of any form of change?

All the while the symptoms/sensations are the centre of your world you won't have to change anything. Would there be a void in your life if you didn't have HA to occupy you?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I know you are determined to carry on down the route of symptom speak because it's what you are most comfortable with and it's familiar territory and I suspect you are fearful of any form of change?

All the while the symptoms/sensations are the centre of your world you won't have to change anything. Would there be a void in your life if you didn't have HA to occupy you?
    No there wouldn’t be a void, I do not want to be a sick person, I want me back, I really do.

Page 36 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread Information