Page 46 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    You know that it takes your body some time to adjust to the pregablin, right? It's not like taking aspirin for a headache. What you're going through is normal for just starting it.
    I don’t think this is pregablin , I think it’s pots , although my heart rate goes up by about 20 not 30, I Googled the nhs website, Im Scared again
    Last edited by pb; 10-08-20 at 08:11.

I know it's hard to believe, but I promise you're fine. ADs can do all sorts of weird things when you start them.

So will you be going to A&E again for another heart check seeing as you have diagnosed yourself ..again?

Remember that you want your life back? You've had enough heart checks recently and you don't need an illness to define yourself xx

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    So will you be going to A&E again for another heart check seeing as you have diagnosed yourself ..again?

Remember that you want your life back? You've had enough heart checks recently and you don't need an illness to define yourself xx
    I won’t be going to A&E, and I do want my life back , but I really think I might have this, my heart rate goes up by 20 when I stand .
    Does anyone on here know about PoTS, is a 20 beat increase significant.

Stop checking your pulse, you're absolutely fine.

Re: Ear, tooth and jaw pain

I promise you you have anxiety! I went through similar patterns of fears and thoughts. Your pulse raises when you stand. Due to gravity and then it stabilises I went through the PoTS fear too! I swear on my life! You will be fine. Why did they give pregabilin is this a normal drug for anxiety? I’ve been on a different regime and it’s saved my life. All I can say is give it time sweetie stop comparing what life was like before acceptance and being present is going to help you. I am this person now and I am going to be ok is the thoughts you need to hold onto. Don’t let the anxiety define you! You have power of it and not it over you! I wish you all the best coming out the other side is a whole new revelation and I wish that for you because when you get there you will see what we are all talking about. Take care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    I promise you you have anxiety! I went through similar patterns of fears and thoughts. Your pulse raises when you stand. Due to gravity and then it stabilises I went through the PoTS fear too! I swear on my life! You will be fine. Why did they give pregabilin is this a normal drug for anxiety? I’ve been on a different regime and it’s saved my life. All I can say is give it time sweetie stop comparing what life was like before acceptance and being present is going to help you. I am this person now and I am going to be ok is the thoughts you need to hold onto. Don’t let the anxiety define you! You have power of it and not it over you! I wish you all the best coming out the other side is a whole new revelation and I wish that for you because when you get there you will see what we are all talking about. Take care.

Thank you so much for your reply. I’m on pregablin , because I find the side effects of AD difficult.
    My pulse does rise when I stand, and I’ve googled pots and they say to diagnose it has rise by 30+ and mine doesn’t, but it doesn’t go down while standing and this worries me. It may be just anxiety keeping it high, but it goes down when I sit down,
    Spoke to support worker today and she said she will speak to the psychiatrist for me.
    Just keep thinking I have POTS X

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    Thank you so much for your reply. I’m on pregablin , because I find the side effects of AD difficult.
    My pulse does rise when I stand, and I’ve googled pots and they say to diagnose it has rise by 30+ and mine doesn’t, but it doesn’t go down while standing and this worries me. It may be just anxiety keeping it high, but it goes down when I sit down,
    Spoke to support worker today and she said she will speak to the psychiatrist for me.
    The more you focus on it the worse it will be I had a bad day the other day resting my hr was between 83-95 and I spiralled I spoke to the out of hours mental health team for an hour and a half because of what was going on and then I realised it was all just buried emotions after the conversation a lot of tears and realising I’d made the whole phone call whilst wearing a shower cap (lol) my hr came back down to 63 at rest. So you need to find your outlet whilst you adjust to your meds. You are ok!! I promise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    If you've got POTS-whatever that is- then you'll have it whether you continually monitor your pulse and heart rate or not. Let the psychiatrist deal with this? If it's a side effect of pregabalin then he/she will know and a decision will be made as to whether to continue with the pregabalin or not. The more you monitor the more you will panic and have perceived symptoms.It's a vicious circle. The more distressed you seem to the support worker, the more this will be put down to anxiety. You need to be taken seriously if you truly feel you have this condition so it's in your best interests to calm down,stop googling/monitoring and wait for the psychiatrist's response xx

pb, have you gone to a therapist yet? There is an illness, but it's entirely mental. I know how much you're struggling with it but I think you need to see a therapist if you haven't yet. Not one that just does CBT, but someone you can talk one on one with so you can sort your symptoms out. I apologize if I missed a post where you did, but I can assure you if you can get yourself on things that will help calm your mind down (without the need for benzos) you'd be able to move on and get your life back.

Page 46 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread Information