Page 50 of 97 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

I know posting all my symptoms is increasing my HA, but I’ve now feel like there’s something in the middle of my chest, it’s not a pain or pressure, I do have reflux and had some heartburn that has gone. I’m scared again that it’s my heart , I’ve had it for four hours. Thinking A&E , but my dad says no again, I know I need to sit with this if I can. I’m trying to tell myself that I have anxiety induced chest pain.

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    I know posting all my symptoms is increasing my HA, but I’ve now feel like there’s something in the middle of my chest, it’s not a pain or pressure, I do have reflux and had some heartburn that has gone. I’m scared again that it’s my heart , I’ve had it for four hours. Thinking A&E , but my dad says no again, I know I need to sit with this if I can. I’m trying to tell myself that I have anxiety induced chest pain.
    I’ve still got this chest feeling, I’ve had it all day. I have managed to eat my dinner, so thinking it can’t be a heart attack. Just not feeling well today as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    I’ve still got this chest feeling, I’ve had it all day. I have managed to eat my dinner, so thinking it can’t be a heart attack. Just not feeling well today as well.
    I feel like there’s something in the middle of my chest, I’m trying to distract myself and be rational, but it’s not working.
    I don’t know what could be causing this and I don’t want to go to A&E again.
    My gp wants me to have an ecg for my palpitations , so I will just have to wait for this.
    Constant reassurance does not work long term , but it does help for a short while.
    Everyone at home is fed up with me.

It's probably acid reflux. That's very common when you're uncontrollably anxious 24/7. Your stomach produces more acid which then has no where to go and travels back up to your esophagus.

I do have reflux and it did feel like this, I take omperazole daily.
    Thankfully it’s better today, but I’ve now got tightness and spasm above my right breast, again I’ve had this before and have been told it’s probably muscular and anxiety.
    Scared it’s my heart as usual.
    Psychiatrist is calling this afternoon.

Being scared that it's your heart doesn't make it a fact. It's fear not fact. Why do you think you will be speaking to a psychiatrist and not a cardiologist this afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Being scared that it's your heart doesn't make it a fact. It's fear not fact. Why do you think you will be speaking to a psychiatrist and not a cardiologist this afternoon?
    Because it’s my anxiety that I need help with, it’s so difficult to believe though x

But why? Nothing has happened to you, health-wise. You are not in hospital. You fear something being missed and you need an explanation for every single pain/sensation you experience ..but you are not physically ill.

Spoke to psychiatrist today, going to increase my pregablin slightly, going to take less in the day as they make me drowsy and more at night.
    This has spiked my anxiety and Im getting lots of chest spasms that are making me scared that it’s my heart.
    I told him about sometimes obsessively checking, ie temp or pulse, he said this is very common with HA.
    I’m scared I’m going to have a heart attack tonight because of spasms. Due to change medication dose on Wednesday.

For those of us that have had a heart attack the pain does not come and go. Please take note of that! I had a massive event, lucky to be here, if I wasn’t in the hospital at the time I wouldn’t have survived.

I have been having many issues since Feb and think I’m getting to the bottom of it now. I can tell you that the acid I have experienced in the past 6 or so months that has led me to A&E on occasions have been far worse than the heart event I had.

I’m not medically qualified but I would say you do not have a heart condition.

Page 50 of 97 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread Information