Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Been having chest spasms since yesterday, but chest also hurts when I move in certain ways.
    Im scared it’s my heart , I don’t want to go to A&E , but I think I might have to. My dad won’t take me anymore and I can’t drive because of the spasms. Maybe it’s real this time .
    If it’s my heart I just want to die now.

This is nonsense and if you take a moment I think you'll realise this.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    This is nonsense and if you take a moment I think you'll realise this.
    I’m in pain and scared, I know it sounds like nonsense
    Can spasms last for almost whole day

Totally, yes, especially if you're fretting about it.

Re: Ear, tooth and jaw pain

What have you tried to do to relieve the pain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This heart attack has been going on for weeks now. I'm glad your Dad is making a stand. Do you really think he would refuse to take you if he thought you were genuinely ill? You have to think of how tired your Dad must be trying to cope with your HA. I thought you wanted your life back? If so you have to show him that you do and that it's not just empty words followed by more symptom talk..You can do this xx

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Totally, yes, especially if you're fretting about it.
    I need to find a way of distracting myself, I’ve been looking at my posts and I’ve had chest pain and spasms a lot and it wasn’t a heart attack.
    Psychiatrist is now going to call me every two weeks.
    Ive had health anxiety for years , but it’s only now it’s been diagnosed.
    My nieces are coming for a double sleep over this weekend, I know I said about dying and I feel that I have very little to live for , but if I could just control this spiral of anxiety. I am also very lonely, again I have said this before.
    I do listen to comments , but it’s just so difficult for me x

Hi pb, I feel for you, I really do. Health anxiety took me into a nervous breakdown - and the mind will take you to places you don't ever want to be, trust me. I was like you - hyper focused on every symptom and mistaking the normal functioning of my body to be something life threatening. It was my life for years. I got myself out of this hole by using CBT, learning to breathe properly, educating myself about the stress response (and how normal it is) tweaking my lifestyle and diet, and most importantly, realising that the only time in my life that I was genuinely in trouble (emergency c section due to internal bleeding) I wasn't scared at all. Coming on here asking people what they think is wrong with you might give you a few seconds of comfort, but you're on a spinning wheel my friend, and it's exhausting you. This week it's your chest - one of the most common complaints with anxiety. I was 100% convinced my heart was failing - it certainly felt like it - yet every test I ever had said otherwise. Your body is responding to the thoughts in your head. It's firing out those stress hormones because your brain doesn't know the difference between what's real and what's a thought - your body tenses with the anxiety and this creates painful muscles. Ball your hand into a fist and hold it, and hold it, and hold it. This is what you're doing with your entire body. Understanding how the body works will help you and once you understand how the simple act of breathing deeply (from your abdomen) signals to the brain to stand the fight of flight response down. It's a physical thing, and it works. I won't lie - recovery takes time and a LOT of effort on your part, but nobody can do this for you. It had to be a mental decision on your part that you want to get better, and then you find what works for you and you keep doing it until the time comes when you know you're on the way back. A little tip: when I was at my very worst and sitting up at 3am in the morning - I used to come on here and other forums - checking to see who had the same symptoms as me - then one day I decided to look at the success stories instead and reading the posts of people who had been every bit as ill as me, and had come out the other side. I am very sorry that you're struggling, but there is a way out of this if you are willing to help yourself out.

I have to stretch my chest muscles and upper back a lot during the day to manage my pain. I see it as an inconvenience rather than a big deal. You could research online about stretches and pain from taut muscles.

You have a big void in your life which you are filling with HA and rumination.It's hard to see a way forward when you are lonely and isolated. My son is under the community mental health team and sees an occupational therapist to help him plan activities to support his MH..I wonder whether you would consider anything like this if you could get a referral from the psychiatrist? OTs are part of the community mental health service. It's just a thought and you may not want this xx

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Hi pb, I feel for you, I really do. Health anxiety took me into a nervous breakdown - and the mind will take you to places you don't ever want to be, trust me. I was like you - hyper focused on every symptom and mistaking the normal functioning of my body to be something life threatening. It was my life for years. I got myself out of this hole by using CBT, learning to breathe properly, educating myself about the stress response (and how normal it is) tweaking my lifestyle and diet, and most importantly, realising that the only time in my life that I was genuinely in trouble (emergency c section due to internal bleeding) I wasn't scared at all. Coming on here asking people what they think is wrong with you might give you a few seconds of comfort, but you're on a spinning wheel my friend, and it's exhausting you. This week it's your chest - one of the most common complaints with anxiety. I was 100% convinced my heart was failing - it certainly felt like it - yet every test I ever had said otherwise. Your body is responding to the thoughts in your head. It's firing out those stress hormones because your brain doesn't know the difference between what's real and what's a thought - your body tenses with the anxiety and this creates painful muscles. Ball your hand into a fist and hold it, and hold it, and hold it. This is what you're doing with your entire body. Understanding how the body works will help you and once you understand how the simple act of breathing deeply (from your abdomen) signals to the brain to stand the fight of flight response down. It's a physical thing, and it works. I won't lie - recovery takes time and a LOT of effort on your part, but nobody can do this for you. It had to be a mental decision on your part that you want to get better, and then you find what works for you and you keep doing it until the time comes when you know you're on the way back. A little tip: when I was at my very worst and sitting up at 3am in the morning - I used to come on here and other forums - checking to see who had the same symptoms as me - then one day I decided to look at the success stories instead and reading the posts of people who had been every bit as ill as me, and had come out the other side. I am very sorry that you're struggling, but there is a way out of this if you are willing to help yourself out.
    Thank you, I know I’m the only one who can get myself out of this. Did you have chest pain with your anxiety. It’s so scary and believing it’s all anxiety is so difficult, but asking for constant reassurance is also training,I’m so tired x

Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread Information