Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    Thank you, I know I’m the only one who can get myself out of this. Did you have chest pain with your anxiety. It’s so scary and believing it’s all anxiety is so difficult, but asking for constant reassurance is also training,I’m so tired x
    It's only scary because you don't understand the stress response, pb. If a mentally well person has a near miss in the car - the fight or flight response kicks in and for a few seconds they have all the symptoms - racing heart, sweating, dry mouth etc - but then it all calms down. The person with HA is constantly in this mode because they are constantly convincing themselves they are dying of something. I was so convinced I had bowel cancer, I planned my funeral, and when I had the colonoscopy that would surely prove my worst fears to be right, what they actually found was a small pile and an otherwise fabulous colon. The stress response is there to keep us alive in order for us to be able to move really fast, really quickly - which is why we're packed full of cortisol and adrenalin. Constantly looking for reassurance will keep you in this cycle of hopping from one imaginary life-threatening illness to another, and I absolutely know how exhausting that is. Trust me, learn about how the stress response works and you will understand that your body is working overtime to keep you from the danger - which in your case is your own thoughts, not actual danger.

I am getting chest spasms since yesterday, no one believes me..
    Anxiety chest pain is usually centre of the chest - where yours is. It's caused though shallow breathing (hyperventilating) and/or bloating (also common with anxiety) where it increases pressure in the lungs which leads to chest pain. I puff up like I'm 4 months pregnant when I'm stressed. It can also be completely psychosomatic. All chest pain should be investigated, obviously, but once you've been told your heart is fine - you need to accept that it is anxiety, and work hard on relaxation techniques - starting with breathing properly. Then have a look at what you ingest every day - body and mind. You can absolutely get control back of this health anxiety!

Ending up in A&E again on Wednesday morning with severe chest pain, ecgs, blood test and chest X-ray all normal !
    Now have slight ear ache and sore throat and as usual thinking it’s corona.
    This has to stop !
    Have increase medication and know as a first step , I have to take it, which I have been doing.
    Debating whether to have a corona test just to make sure.
    I now finally accept chest pain is not my heart.

Ending up in A&E again on Wednesday morning with severe chest pain, ecgs, blood test and chest X-ray all normal !
    It's been proved to you that your heart is fine, so now you're moving onto to another symptom to focus on - classic health anxiety.

This has to stop !
    Couldn't agree more, but somehow I think this thread will keep going and going and going...

....and this is why.

You are putting yourself at more risk going to A&E at the moment. Ideal place to catch the virus if anywhere.

Yes it really does have to stop.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

This has to stop !
    Have increase medication and know as a first step , I have to take it, which I have been doing.
    I now finally accept chest pain is not my heart.

Two weeks ago when I had my appendix out, they tested me for COVID-19 before admitting me onto a ward as is per protocol.

Right then and there the Doctor told me what Covid symptoms are like, you do not sound like you have them at all. A slight ear ache and a sore throat can be caused by stress. Trust me, I just got over a tonsil ulcer caused by stress! It took a week and a half!

Listen, It's pot calling the kettle black here but I know where you come from, I can see the spiral and I know you must want answers for whatever it is you're feeling. It's hard to accept that these are bodily sensations, but that's all they are.

The sooner you can accept you have no health risks and it's all created by your anxious mind, the sooner you can treat that and get on with your life.

I really do wish you all the best climbing out of the hole.

I grind my teeth and hoping it’s from that, in the past I have had ear and throat pain from this.
    Im trying to be rational I do not have covid symptoms, but I really do have to stop going to A&E.
    The panic and fear just seems to take over.
    I get loads of panic attacks everyday.
    I have my nieces staying and it’s lovely, but I’m fixated on my ear and corona, it spoils everything.
    I think a test would help to reassure me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleman200 View Post
    Two weeks ago when I had my appendix out, they tested me for COVID-19 before admitting me onto a ward as is per protocol.

Right then and there the Doctor told me what Covid symptoms are like, you do not sound like you have them at all. A slight ear ache and a sore throat can be caused by stress. Trust me, I just got over a tonsil ulcer caused by stress! It took a week and a half!

Listen, It's pot calling the kettle black here but I know where you come from, I can see the spiral and I know you must want answers for whatever it is you're feeling. It's hard to accept that these are bodily sensations, but that's all they are.

The sooner you can accept you have no health risks and it's all created by your anxious mind, the sooner you can treat that and get on with your life.

I really do wish you all the best climbing out of the hole.
    Thank you x

I grind my teeth and hoping it’s from that, in the past I have had ear and throat pain from this.
    Im trying to be rational I do not have covid symptoms, but I really do have to stop going to A&E.
    The panic and fear just seems to take over.
    I get loads of panic attacks everyday.
    I have my nieces staying and it’s lovely, but I’m fixated on my ear and corona, it spoils everything.
    I think a test would help to reassure me.
    Really? And then a retest when the first one comes back negative etc etc?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Really? And then a retest when the first one comes back negative etc etc?
    Just looking at all my posts and I’ve had ear and throat problems before and it’s been ok.
    It always feels so real, maybe I shouldn’t get a test.

Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread Information