Page 55 of 97 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aleman200 View Post
    Pb you're spiralling hard. You need to seek help in breaking this cycle. Im in the same situation right now so I know its tough but you have to try.

I recently had my appendix out because of appendicitis and believe me. If you had it you would not be typing right now. It was absolute agony. I went to a and e straight away because I couldn't even move.
    Thank you, I know I would be in more pain, I’m sure it’s my hip as I’ve had it before, but it’s so hard not to panic and think it’s my appendix .

For the love of everything, stop telling yourself you're a hopeless case.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Which sucks, definitely, but also requires an action plan.

What are three small things you could do today that would feel like victories?
    I've washed my hair, as I had not washed it for two weeks,I’ve gone out to get a coffee and I’m going to put some stuff on eBay.
    My self care is really bad and this makes me depressed, as I would never of not washed my hair for two weeks in the past x

Okay, that's a great start. Hair washing is relative, anyway, so don't stress about it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    No, it won't, unless you do something about it.

Out of curiosity...

How many of these numerous symptoms on this thread actually turned out to be anything other than anxiety? Only, nothing I have ever imagined to be seriously wrong with me, has ever been true.

Your mind will take you to places you don't want to be, pb - trust me. I've been there. Your body is full of stress hormones which are designed to help you to run away from a mad axe-murderer or stay and beat the crap out of them. With you, it's your thoughts which are signalling to your brain that you're in danger.

Your brain doesn't know the difference between imaginary and actual danger but it will react in the same way. Ever watched a movie and jumped out of your skin? Heart racing - the stress response in all it's glory? Your brain doesn't know it's acting - that it's not real. Those stress hormones, muscle tensing etc creates lots and lots of symptoms - all of which can be put into a search engine and will come up with some nasty disease. Also, as soon as one symptom disappears, you can bet your bum another will appear...

You must be absolutely knackered with all this. I know I was.

Have you had any CBT?
    Thank you for your reply.I have had cbt, Psychiatrist says I need to take medication for my anxiety before anymore therapy.

Are you taking the pregabalin at the prescribed dose,pb?

How are you filling the hours in your day at the moment? Any more news about the work in October that you had been offered? It is so depressing to wake up each morning and to dread getting through the endless empty hours..Wouldn't some form of work actually help to distract you from your HA? xx

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Are you taking the pregabalin at the prescribed dose,pb?

How are you filling the hours in your day at the moment? Any more news about the work in October that you had been offered? It is so depressing to wake up each morning and to dread getting through the endless empty hours..Wouldn't some form of work actually help to distract you from your HA? xx
    I am taking the prescribed dose.
    Should hear about the October work in a few weeks.
    Getting pains in hip and groin again tonight and it’s making me panic , don’t know what’s causing it.
    Gp is calling tomorrow for a review. My nieces are due to stay tomorrow and are coming round in the morning. Plan to bake and make bird feeders with them, but worried about the pain as it’s a bit worse than normal. Trying to tell myself it’s not appendix.

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    Getting pains in hip and groin again tonight and it’s making me panic , don’t know what’s causing it.
    Gp is calling tomorrow for a review. My nieces are due to stay tomorrow and are coming round in the morning. Plan to bake and make bird feeders with them, but worried about the pain as it’s a bit worse than normal. Trying to tell myself it’s not appendix.

I want you to take note of the pattern here. You could have replied with:

.....And left it at that. You chose to post your symptoms. We all know you feel like shit so why keep saying it? OR, post something positive. Believe it or not, something as simple as the words you use can have a positive or negative impact on your mental health.

Take your post and remove the negative and it reads like this...

I am taking the prescribed dose. Should hear about the October work in a few weeks. My nieces are due to stay tomorrow and are coming round in the morning. Plan to bake and make bird feeders with them.
    See what I mean?

"Positive" thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You are so used to defining yourself on here as a someone who posts about their aches and pains. Has it ever got you anywhere? So why not try a different approach as FMP and all of us have suggested over many months?

Tell us about your day with your nieces..not about your perceived illness of the day? It would mean modifying the way you use NMP but any decent psychologist would advise against symptom logging which serves no therapeutic purpose at all and just keeps your brain focused on all things illness-related.

How do you make bird feeders anyway? xx

Dr called this morning with the results of my ct scan, no kidney stones, but a few small divicular pouches. These were not picked up by the colonscopy , not sure why. Dr said these are very common as you get older, but I’m really worried and of course the pain in my left side has returned and feels quite bad.
    Gp also said she will send ecgs away to be checked, I didn’t ask why. I had one on the Wednesday and something small was picked up and then two on the Thursday that I was told were normal.
    I feel so depressed, I think the medication is helping with my anxiety but I think it was masking my depression.
    I really can’t see away out of this.

Page 55 of 97 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread Information