Page 61 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    So what did you do when you were panicking? How did you get through the hours?
    I tried to watch some tv, I constantly took my pulse, I had brought a new pulse monitor that I have thrown away.
    I really hope I haven’t damaged all my nerves in my hands as I’ve got lots of tingling.

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    I tried to watch some tv, I constantly took my pulse, I had brought a new pulse monitor that I have thrown away.
    I really hope I haven’t damaged all my nerves in my hands as I’ve got lots of tingling.

You keep pressing on an artery and the pressure, especially if you press too hard, will interfere with blood flow and you will experience tingling as it corrects itself.

Stop taking your pulse.

Stop focusing on your pulse.

The tingling will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post

You keep pressing on an artery and the pressure, especially if you press too hard, will interfere with blood flow and you will experience tingling as it corrects itself.

Stop taking your pulse.

Stop focusing on your pulse.

The tingling will go away.

Thank you, I’m really go to try. Still getting some ectopic beats which are scary.

Thank you, I’m really go to try. Still getting some ectopic beats which are scary.
    Health anxiety dialogue again, pb.

Your heart is fine.

Ectopic beats are common - especially when you have anxiety.

I had these for years, and my heart is healthy.

My ectopic beats all but disappeared when I started taking magnesium every day. (it's the calming mineral - research it)

Other ways to help yourself...

Exercise.

No stimulants (caffeine, chocolate, alcohol, spicy food, sugar etc)

Deep breathing.

Drink more water.

Stop focusing on your body, and go do something.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Health anxiety dialogue again, pb.

Your heart is fine.

Ectopic beats are common - especially when you have anxiety.

I had these for years, and my heart is healthy.

My ectopic beats all but disappeared when I started taking magnesium every day. (it's the calming mineral - research it)

Other ways to help yourself...

Exercise.

No stimulants (caffeine, chocolate, alcohol, spicy food, sugar etc)

Deep breathing.

Drink more water.

Stop focusing on your body, and go do something.
    Thank you x

Did you read those website pages I suggested?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    No, but I will now, Thank you

I’m now getting a pain to the right of my navel, just when I stand up. I’m trying to reassure myself that if it was appendicitis it would be all the time and it’s probably muscular.
    I need to find ways to distract and reassure myself , but it’s so difficult.
    I know I’m always posting on here, I’ve not had this pain before.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    What did you learn about HA from these website pages?

" I know..but" followed by your latest symptom does seem to be the way you are using this forum and no psychiatrist/psychologist would recommend this as a way forwards.

Yes it is hard but that's not an excuse to be seen as helpless in the face of HA because you have to start somewhere if you want to improve the quality of your life.

I’m now getting a pain to the right of my navel, just when I stand up. I’m trying to reassure myself that if it was appendicitis it would be all the time and it’s probably muscular.
    I need to find ways to distract and reassure myself , but it’s so difficult.
    I know I’m always posting on here, I’ve not had this pain before.
    You need to change your thoughts and your dialogue. Yes, it's difficult, and it's going to take time, but you have yet to make that mental switch where you say to yourself. 'ENOUGH!'.

Time spent on here seeking reassurance would be better spent reading the pages suggested by the admin of this site. Or the success stories from the people who have beaten HA. There are podcasts out there, and books - all of which will give you great advice. Doing these things will be a step towards recovery, whereas continually posting your every ache and pain will only ever keep you in this cycle of symptom=fear=more symptoms=more fear

Out of interest, have you gone any further down the fibromyalgia route? I've just been reading through this thread, and you mentioned it. I was diagnosed last year after 9 years of symptoms affecting every part of my body. It's the numerous symptoms which sent me into HA. However, I generally have multiple symptoms at any time - not single ones. This morning I have about 5 symptoms, plus the full body shaking I had during the night due to an inability to control my body temperature. Stress definitely worsens it, and my brain definitely responds to symptoms in the night with nocturnal panic attacks. I put my fibro down to a lifetime of anxiety, my body constantly swilling with stress hormones, and finally the loss of my mother who died a week before the hip operation she didn't want to have - which makes me wonder if the old girl willed herself to die rather than end up on 'those effing crutches' (her actual words to the surgeon, only she used the actual F bomb - preceded by 'and you can stuff' )

Before you start panicking about fibromyalgia - it's not life-threatening - but it is a massive pain in the arse! (and everywhere else)

Maybe, next time you log on here - have a read through this thread. Go back to the beginning and see how many 'terminal illnesses' you've had this year. How many times you have scared yourself silly, and how many times your fears have not come true.

I think we are a similar age? I'm 50. It's never too late to beat HA. Plenty of life out there to be grabbed by the wotsits. You just have to make that mental switch... I am going to beat this.

Page 61 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread Information