Page 68 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

There are worse things than tingly fingers. Did you see anything nice at the park?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    There are worse things than tingly fingers. Did you see anything nice at the park?
    I had some lunch in the park, which was nice.

Hi pb, I wanted to just let you know that a few years back, I had tingling and pins and needles in my hands for weeks. i convinced myself I had every illness under the sun, my life was over! But I'm still here anxiety can make anything seem real, and I truly believe it can give you ANY symptom! I hope you had a nice visit in the park, and I hope your anxiety can ease a little.

Quote Originally Posted by lilysmith123 View Post
    Hi pb, I wanted to just let you know that a few years back, I had tingling and pins and needles in my hands for weeks. i convinced myself I had every illness under the sun, my life was over! But I'm still here anxiety can make anything seem real, and I truly believe it can give you ANY symptom! I hope you had a nice visit in the park, and I hope your anxiety can ease a little.
    Thank you, I’m trying not to panic.

I know how hard it is. I was the same when I had this symptom (or whatever symptom is on the radar this time around) but I always get through it and you will too!

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    I am trying but it’s hard, I went and sat in the park this afternoon. I’ve still got tingling in thumb , some numbness in thumb and below thumb and tingling in some of the other fingers. I’m so scared I’ve permanently damaged my nerves, although I’ve hardly taken my pulse in the last few days.
    But you are still catastrophising and you're still hyper-focused on this symptom - which will keep it going because when you're super anxious you are not breathing properly and this causes symptoms like tingling and 'numbness'. You will continue to get this sensation even if you're not pressing your artery.

When you sat in the park, what did you do? Did you take in your surroundings and enjoy the experience? Or were you there in body only?

Did you take your pulse while you were sat there?

Have you tried EFT? (tapping) a lot of people have success with this and more and more doctors are realising its potential for anxiety relief. It has an instant effect on the nervous system. I use it a lot and it works for me. I've sat tapping in the hospital before appointments. Maybe you could learn to tap instead of checking your pulse? Replace this negative checking habit with a technique which will actually do you some good, eh? Tapping is one of those things that shouldn't be knocked until it's been tried. Maybe watch some YouTube videos and teach yourself to tap? (and, no, you won't harm yourself by tapping)

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    I am trying but it’s hard, I went and sat in the park this afternoon. I’ve still got tingling in thumb , some numbness in thumb and below thumb and tingling in some of the other fingers. I’m so scared I’ve permanently damaged my nerves, although I’ve hardly taken my pulse in the last few days.
    Would it be hard for you to stop posting on here, pb? You say that you are trying to manage your HA but it's hard..and then document your symptoms again. It's a ritual which doesn't help you. Do you get any comfort from people just replying to you regardless of whether you are able to take in any advice?

That's a really good point. It's okay to come here and just chat if you're lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    But you are still catastrophising and you're still hyper-focused on this symptom - which will keep it going because when you're super anxious you are not breathing properly and this causes symptoms like tingling and 'numbness'. You will continue to get this sensation even if you're not pressing your artery.

When you sat in the park, what did you do? Did you take in your surroundings and enjoy the experience? Or were you there in body only?

Did you take your pulse while you were sat there?

Have you tried EFT? (tapping) a lot of people have success with this and more and more doctors are realising its potential for anxiety relief. It has an instant effect on the nervous system. I use it a lot and it works for me. I've sat tapping in the hospital before appointments. Maybe you could learn to tap instead of checking your pulse? Replace this negative checking habit with a technique which will actually do you some good, eh? Tapping is one of those things that shouldn't be knocked until it's been tried. Maybe watch some YouTube videos and teach yourself to tap? (and, no, you won't harm yourself by tapping)
    Thank you, I will look into the EFT tapping x

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Would it be hard for you to stop posting on here, pb? You say that you are trying to manage your HA but it's hard..and then document your symptoms again. It's a ritual which doesn't help you. Do you get any comfort from people just replying to you regardless of whether you are able to take in any advice?
    I’m lonely and with each symptom my anxiety reaches a point where I just can’t cope and look at things rationally.
    I do try to take on board the replies I get and they do help x

Page 68 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread Information