Page 72 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    Thank you, I know your trying to help me. By the way I’m female x
    Sorry pb, I thought you were a bloke!

Mind you, it's not the first time I've mis-gendered somebody (on a forum) and it probably won't be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Sorry pb, I thought you were a bloke!

Mind you, it's not the first time I've mis-gendered somebody (on a forum) and it probably won't be the last.
    Thats ok, I’ve still got numbness and tingling on a few fingers on my left hand, it’s been six days now so I'm worried it’s permanent. Sorry I know I keep posting symptoms.

Thats ok, I’ve still got numbness and tingling on a few fingers on my left hand, it’s been six days now so I'm worried it’s permanent. Sorry I know I keep posting symptoms.
    I have symptoms which last months. I also have multiple symptoms at the same time, and I am never symptom free. That's fibromyalgia for ya! Some people get a break in the warmer months, but not me - I feel like I've got heatstroke after 5 mins pegging out the washing! It's a good job I got a handle on my HA or I would be in deep poo by now, no?

But let's look at the facts regarding your current symptom...

1.'Numbness' (if you stick a pin in, and it hurts - it's not actually numb) and tingling are anxiety symptoms because you are severely anxious which means you are not breathing properly.

2. You are constantly pressing on an artery when you take your pulse - which will also cause tingling - it's like when you cross your legs and it affects the circulation...

3. You are hyper-focused on this sensation which can not only amplify it, but it can actually be the fact that it's not actually real - it's your brain tricking you into thinking it is - as in - psychosomatic.

As a matter of curiosity, are you left handed?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I have symptoms which last months. I also have multiple symptoms at the same time, and I am never symptom free. That's fibromyalgia for ya! Some people get a break in the warmer months, but not me - I feel like I've got heatstroke after 5 mins pegging out the washing! It's a good job I got a handle on my HA or I would be in deep poo by now, no?

But let's look at the facts regarding your current symptom...

1.'Numbness' (if you stick a pin in, and it hurts - it's not actually numb) and tingling are anxiety symptoms because you are severely anxious which means you are not breathing properly.

2. You are constantly pressing on an artery when you take your pulse - which will also cause tingling - it's like when you cross your legs and it affects the circulation...

3. You are hyper-focused on this sensation which can not only amplify it, but it can actually be the fact that it's not actually real - it's your brain tricking you into thinking it is - as in - psychosomatic.

As a matter of curiosity, are you left handed?
    Thank you, I’m right handed, I have stopped taking my pulse.
    You have reminded me of symptoms I had many years ago, when I thought I had ms and had continuous pins and needles in my left hand and foot !
    On a positive note, my nieces stayed last night and we are going to go to the park as it’s a lovely day.
    I hope you have a good day and thank you for your replies, they really do help.
    Im hoping the psychiatrist suggests some therapy now, he is calling on Thursday.

You have reminded me of symptoms I had many years ago, when I thought I had ms and had continuous pins and needles in my left hand and foot !
    This has been a symptom for me - no MS, I am pleased to report - just anxiety and some normal wear and tear in a knackered body lol

On a positive note, my nieces stayed last night and we are going to go to the park as it’s a lovely day.
    Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine. I've got Mr Batty doing some DIY for me. I'm helping in a supervisory role.

I hope you have a good day and thank you for your replies, they really do help.
    Very glad to be of assistance.

Im hoping the psychiatrist suggests some therapy now, he is calling on Thursday.
    Keep us informed. We're all rooting for you pb. X

I ended up at the Atkinson Morley Hospital for a day's worth of tests for MS..It's a really common anxiety presentation. I don't recommend the lumbar puncture!

I hope you enjoy your time at the park with your nieces..You deserve to get some respite and some happy times with them..

I hope you get your therapy soon but it may take a while...It just depends on how long the waiting list is and ideally you will need to be able to be sufficiently well to be able to derive the best benefit from it xx

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I ended up at the Atkinson Morley Hospital for a day's worth of tests for MS..It's a really common anxiety presentation. I don't recommend the lumbar puncture!

I hope you enjoy your time at the park with your nieces..You deserve to get some respite and some happy times with them..

I hope you get your therapy soon but it may take a while...It just depends on how long the waiting list is and ideally you will need to be able to be sufficiently well to be able to derive the best benefit from it xx
    Thank you, we had lunch in the park and then made chocolate brownies.
    I had a lumbar puncture for ms quite a few years ago and it’s not pleasant x

I'm glad that your nieces make you happy..I'm sure they love spending time with their auntie! How old are they?

Do you enjoy making cakes? Does baking bring you any sense of respite from your anxiety? Do you have a favourite recipe?

My daughter likes making flapjacks, brownies and anzac biscuits..Our kitchen is really tiny so it's not ideal but she does get a sense of satisfaction from creating some edible treats and it gives her a focus xx

Had to go to drs today for severe dizziness, I was diagnosed with bppv, which I’ve had before and should go on it’s own.
    I mentioned my ecgs and gp said that two of my ecgs were abnormal, but that the cardiologist was not concerned, this has made me even more worried.
    Ive still got tingling and numbness in fingers on left hand, it’s made worse if I type, I’m sure I’ve damaged my nerves. It’s been a week now.
    Gp is calling next Monday, I said that I didn’t want a stress ecg, but I don’t think that she realised that I’ve received a text to say that the cardiac department will contact me to arrange this. I’m sure I’ve got heart disease.

If you have a stress echo it will show if you have a problem when your heart is under any stress. The treadmill is quite challenging. I had mine just before Xmas. Done it and they asked me to wait outside. I was called in straight away thinking I had a problem, but the recordings never saved. Had to do it again after a 20 min rest. I actually fared better the second tine round. Good luck

Page 72 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread Information