Page 76 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I actually don't see it as an illness, more of a condition. It came on after I had pleurisy but that just may have been a coincidence. As you say, it doesn't matter anyway-it's just something to be managed without the need to catastrophise.
    A lot of these kind of chronic conditions come on after viruses or trauma etc, so you may be right there. FMS is a condition, but saying illness is reflective of how bad I feel at this moment which is in the middle of a very painful flare-up. On my good days, it's simply a pain in the arse.

Trying to stay calm, but got pain all down my right arm. I have had this before, but I’m scared it’s my heart.
    I have an ok day and then the worry comes back.
    Spoke to Psychiatrist yesterday, will increase medication next week, I hope he offers me some therapy soon.
    Also now getting chest pain, I hope this is anxiety and not my heart..
    Really spiralling today, can not understand how I’ve had so many normal ecgs and then I get two abnormal ones!
    Last edited by pb; 25-09-20 at 13:12.

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    Trying to stay calm, but got pain all down my right arm. I have had this before, but I’m scared it’s my heart.
    Spoke to Psychiatrist yesterday, will increase medication next week, I hope he offers me some therapy soon.
    Really spiralling today, can not understand how I’ve had so many normal ecgs and then I get two abnormal ones!

ECG's are EXTREME sensitive machines. Even the slightest twitch can cause an abnormal reading to crop up. It's up to the doctors and nurses to determine whether it's an issue or not. They've trained for YEARS to be able to identify these kind of issues that crop up. If it was anything sinister it would not just come and go. It would be consistent. You have been cleared by the doctors. You have to accept it Pb.

Anxiety can cause so many symptoms, if you look through my posts i was convinced I had heart disease, my doctor wouldn't even send me for more tests because i had no symptoms and i'm thankful! SInce then i've been to the gym, been for walks and runs and I still get the odd chest pain on my right side, it happens. Anxiety can and will cause symptoms you think of, the more you think about them, the worse they get.

I really hope the medication can give you the break you need.

Thank you, I know ecgs can be sensitive. I’ve now got pain in my left arm and feel dizzy again.
    I just want to feel normal again.
    My sisters coming this morning and we might go for a coffee. I’m trying not to concentrate on my symptoms but it’s hard, especially the left sided arm pain , although I have had this before.
    Had a couple of periods of feeling really spaced out, thought it might be the pregablin as I had taken too much by mistake, but not sure now. Feeling abit like that this morning and I haven’t even taken the medication yet. It’s really scary .
    Last edited by pb; 26-09-20 at 08:04.

Isn't it supposed to be the left arm with heart issues?

Worry was merely having a kip. You woke it up with the' there is something wrong with my heart' thoughts...

So do I, pb - the sooner the better!

Theory One (yours) - it's heart disease.

Theory Two (most likely) it's anxiety because you are clearly HIGHLY anxious and you show me an anxiously ill person who hasn't had fears about their heart?

Despite your doctors being unconcerned, and some rational explanations on here?

You can keep entertaining the catastrophic thinking - really go to town with it and see how far down that hole it can take you, but I assure you that there will be NO ok days when that happens!

Understand that we all have a negative bias because it's a survival thing which goes back to when we lived in caves. Those kind of daily 'predator' threats don't apply to us now, but our brains didn't evolve accordingly -this is why it's easy for you to dwell on the kinds of diseases which threaten your existence.

The medication dosage will keep going up and up because you keep flooring your anxiety with those catastrophic thoughts. HA Recovery/control lies in therapy, so the sooner the better, but therapy is only effective if you are willing to do the work, and not stay down when you fall at the first hurdle - which many of us do.

There will come a time when your GP will stop sending your for tests, pb. At least, any doctor who understands HA should stop sending your for tests because testing is a very expensive, and time consuming way to feed your HA.

I hope today is a better day for you. X

Walked from the shop today and got a severe pain in my chest, that went when I got home.
    Really Scared I’ve got angina, this has never happened before ..

It won't be angina just anxiety. Loads of us get chest pains like it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Walked from the shop today and got a severe pain in my chest, that went when I got home.
    Really Scared I’ve got angina, this has never happened before ..
    You'll probably find that it has if you look at your post history.

Getting bad spasms in my back and chest this morning, still thinking it’s my heart and I’m scared.
    I know the link that pulisa sent shows chest pain going back to last year, but the pain is real.
    I really don’t want to go to A&E especially as covid is rising.
    Scared I’m not going to be able to go to the shop or walk around anymore.
    Last edited by pb; 27-09-20 at 08:58.

Page 76 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread Information