Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Thank you for your replies, I’ve calmed down now and will talk to my gp.
    My nephew is staying tonight , which helps to keep me busy and is a great distraction from my HA.

Sorry to hear about your ongoing worries with this PB, as a long time health anx sufferer cardiovascular issues have been at the forefront of my mind much of my life and I can relate to the fear involved. I will say that during stress tests you are constantly monitored and at the slightest sign of something not going right (you are strapped up to a machine that knows) you are taken off immediately. If you are anything like me, then as scary as it is to confront that, I know I would always regret not doing it simply because I would be prolonging my worry. If it isn’t stress ecg it would be stress echo or similar, in the end you would probably need to be active one way or another in order to get the necessary readings.
    I hope you get the outcome that you need

Coping with my anxiety is a daily struggle. Last night I had a panic attack and chest pain and automatically thought this must be angina. My right forearm keeps going numb, especially if I rub my arm or wrist and again I automatically think I’ve damaged a nerve.
    Im lonely and scared most of the time. I think when I pretty much stayed in bed for two months and lost loads of weight, didn’t shower and didn’t get dressed, I had some sort of breakdown. After this , I’m still not getting any real support, just medication.
    On the positive side, I do not stay in bed all down now, I eat ( Probably too much) and I have my nieces and nephew for sleepovers, which breaks the monotonous cycle of my life.
    Only I can change things, my mindset, I can’t change the pandemic or the restrictions this imposes on me, especially with elderly parents.
    If I could change my beliefs , I DO NOT HAVE ANGINA, MY NUMBNESS IS PROBABLY CARPAL TUNNEL ( WHICH IVE HAD BEFORE)
    AND A VACCINE FOR COVID WILL EVENTUALLY COME.
    I still do not want a stress test, it’s not the thought of having a heart attack during the test, it’s just the thought of the whole test. I will ask for a scan and explain my anxiety.
    I have rambled , but maybe writing things down will give me some clarity. MY LIFE, MY DECISIONS AND MAYBE A WAY OUT OF THIS NIGHTMARE.

You go, girl!

I know it's a struggle, but you're giving yourself all the right messages and I'm really, really proud of you.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    You go, girl!

I know it's a struggle, but you're giving yourself all the right messages and I'm really, really proud of you.
    Thank you, I hope you have a good day x

Just had a telephone consultation with my psychiatrist, because my anxiety is a lot better he has discharged me back to my gp.
    Im currently taking 300 mg of pregablin, I could of increased this abit , but I said that I would prefer to stay on this dose as they do make me quite tired.
    I’ve been offered no help for my HA. Last night I woke up feeling as though I couldn’t breath, although I could and wasn’t breathless.
    I feel scared about how I’m going to cope, I’m not sure where to start with my HA.

Why don't you read the online booklets we have links to on here

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Why don't you read the online booklets we have links to on here
    Thank you Nicola, that’s a good idea, where is the link for these. I hope your shoulder is getting better.

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...Health-Anxiety

My shoulder is getting there slowly thanks

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...Health-Anxiety

My shoulder is getting there slowly thanks
    Glad your shoulder is getting better, thank you for the link.

Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread Information