Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 468694959697 LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Ohhh, congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Re: Ear, tooth and jaw pain

That’s great pb.
    Is there something that you are doing that has really helped you? Let us know what part of the process is helping.
    Very pleased for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really good news, pb. I'm sure being able to talk to a counsellor must be helping to lift your mental "load".

Pleased let us know how you are getting on and as time goes on I'm sure you'll realise just how much progress you have made x

My CBT therapist sent me a blue print of my therapy, ways to cope, what led to my HA, and the negative effects of staying in the HA spiral. This is helping.
    Weekly counselling is helping with my general worries and fears.
    I am making progress and am pleased that I haven’t posted any symptoms for the last couple of weeks.
    I think I’ve finally realised that there is no magic cure to HA, just hard work and a belief that I deserve a life free of the intense fear and intrusive thoughts that come with HA.
    I can’t promise that I won’t post symptoms in the future, but I will try not to x

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    My CBT therapist sent me a blue print of my therapy, ways to cope, what led to my HA, and the negative effects of staying in the HA spiral. This is helping.
    I am making progress and am pleased that I haven’t posted any symptoms for the last couple of weeks.
    I think I’ve finally realised that there is no magic cure to HA, just hard work and a belief that I deserve a life free of the intense fear and intrusive thoughts that come with HA.
    I can’t promise that I won’t post symptoms in the future, but I will try not to x
    It's really wonderful to hear this pb... after what you've put yourself through, it's truly encouraging to hear this and yes, it's hard work.. any type of therapy is, but the rewards are worth it. Take note of what you wrote here and how it comes across. I can truly see the real pb behind your words. Keep up the good work and when the dragon rears his head, you now have the weapons to fight back. Use them!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

That's such a great post, pb and you've made such progress by getting the therapy and by having a therapist who understands the need for visual prompts and a definitive plan in the approach to HA management.

Documenting your symptoms on here and seeking "reassurance" never worked for you over a period of many years. Now you have a new start and a decent therapist in real life who can guide and advise you and make you stronger and more empowered in techniques to cope with your HA x

Re: Ear, tooth and jaw pain

Great post, thank you for making it. I know it’s still tough, but it’s so good to see you feeling positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    Well, you're doing much better than me, pb - I've had this for 45 years and it seems untreatable in my case.

You keep up the good work, and I really hope you finally find a way out of this living nightmare we call health anxiety

Just another quick update. I’m still doing well. My HA has not disappeared, but it’s not all consuming. I still get aches and pains, but I sit with them and do not look for continual reassurance, it doesn’t work for me anyway.
    Im doing a online course next week, it’s just for one week and on zoom, it’s scary, but I’m going to do it !
    There is away out of HA, but it starts with really wanting it. I hope my story helps other people. My HA had gone on for years and was entrenched . Thinking about other things and not my health all the time is great x

I'm so happy to hear you say that, Pb! Sending massive hugs your way.

Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 468694959697 LastLast

Thread Information