Thread: Lump breast Health anxiety

Lump breast Health anxiety

Hello! I've been soooo anxious lately that everything seems sinister or malignant.
    My new health anxiety issue is related to breast lumps.
    Yesterday, I dom't know why, I started to check my breasts (usually I have my GP do this for me because of my anxiety issues) and I can feel a little movable lump in the side of my breast.
    I'm terrified cause I didn't find the same thing in the other breast. Tomorrow I have an appt with my gp and I can't sleep, work or eat.
    I need your support.
    Some years ago the same thing happened and I ended up having an ultrasound. The radiologist told me my breast tissue was fibrous...but he didn't see anything weird.
    Sorry for my english, I speak Spanish and it might be not so good.
    BTW i'm 31.

Thank you!

Re: Lump breast Health anxiety

Hi there, sorry you're going through breast anxiety at the moment. I've been there many times and I'm there again now,

How did you get on with your doctor yesterday? Hope you got the reassurance you needed xx

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenGirl View Post
    Hi there, sorry you're going through breast anxiety at the moment. I've been there many times and I'm there again now,

How did you get on with your doctor yesterday? Hope you got the reassurance you needed xx
    Hello Brokengirl! My gyno says I have fibrocystic tissue in my breast and that’s the way it feels like. She wants me to have an ultrasound (in a week) just for peace of mind. How are you doing? I’m not dealing well with anxiety this month, everyday is something different. I feel really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Labrujis23 View Post
    Hello Brokengirl! My gyno says I have fibrocystic tissue in my breast and that’s the way it feels like. She wants me to have an ultrasound (in a week) just for peace of mind. How are you doing? I’m not dealing well with anxiety this month, everyday is something different. I feel really sad.
    It's good news that the doctor was able to tell you what it is. And I know your ultrasound will be fine too - like you said, it's just for peace of mind. I hope you're feeling some relief after yesterday's appointment.

I'm not doing so good these days. I'm in one of the worst spirals ever, one thing after another. It's currently a breast lump.
    I can feel a large one in my right breast, have never felt it before. But I had a mammogram 6 weeks ago and got the all clear. So I know I shouldn't be worried but I can't help it. Looks like the anxiety is winning again, I can't let it go.
    It's really wearing me down at this stage.

I'm here if you need to talk anyway, because I know exactly how you feel xx

Labrujis23, I hope all went well with your ultrasound.

Brokengirl, sorry to hear you are struggling. I've been battling my worst ever HA spiral too. I've had a brain MRI, skin check, eye test and a mammogram and ultrasound last week and was told everything was fine, but the nagging doubt keeps creeping in that they made a mistake or missed something. When it does I try to remind myself that that's anxiety talking and try to distract myself until the scary thoughts subside. They always do go away eventually, it just feels like they never will while I'm obsessing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by carriewriting View Post
    Labrujis23, I hope all went well with your ultrasound.

Brokengirl, sorry to hear you are struggling. I've been battling my worst ever HA spiral too. I've had a brain MRI, skin check, eye test and a mammogram and ultrasound last week and was told everything was fine, but the nagging doubt keeps creeping in that they made a mistake or missed something. When it does I try to remind myself that that's anxiety talking and try to distract myself until the scary thoughts subside. They always do go away eventually, it just feels like they never will while I'm obsessing about it.
    Hello girls! My ultrasound is on friday. I’m anxious about it but trying not to think too much about it. My anxiety has been so out of control lately that O was prescribed lexapro again. I hope it helps cause one day is one thing and the next day I’m worrying about something different. Keep strong girls!

Best of luck today with the ultrasound. I really hope it goes well, but I'm sure it will.
    Let us know how you get on xx

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenGirl View Post
    Best of luck today with the ultrasound. I really hope it goes well, but I'm sure it will.
    Let us know how you get on xx
    Thank you BrokenGirl. Everything went perfect. There isn’t anything strange...is just my breast tissue is lumpy. Anyway I’m dealing with a severe depression right now and I don’t know how to deal with it. Even if everything is going ok, I feel deeply sad. I hope I get better soon. Hugs

Amazing news!

Thread Information