Thread: I'm new here and tortured about uterine/ovarian cancer. health anxiety ruining life

I'm new here and tortured about uterine/ovarian cancer. health anxiety ruining life

I wish I were stronger. I hate that I give in to my anxiety. I've had some pains so I went to my gyn and he said everything looked and felt fine but took a biopsy (he knows I worry because I've had spotting and my mother died of uterine cancer) and stomach pains. He also ordered a sonogram. So as I wait for the biopsy results and the sonogram, I'm sitting here crying and upset, thinking doom is waiting for me. I'm a single mom of two kids. And while I lost both parents in the past few years and got divorced (good riddance, I got the house and everything I wanted) I have a pretty great life. Great friends and family. I miss my parents but they were wonderful and I accept that they were called home. but i do feel like if anything happens to me my kids' lives would be ruined. while ive made sure that they would be taken care of financially and know my brother and cousin would take care of them, I can't stop dwelling on death. That every test result could mean the end. I hate that I can't just live and smile and be happy and stop worrying. That i'm now bent over the computer crying. My dr just told me he's thinks I'm fine but he can't see microscopic cells that could be sinister and although my ovaries felt okay, who knows that sonogram would show up. I wish I could just think about the abdominal pelvic ct scan that was normal in feb but no, i'm thinking that something could have grown in the interim. my new therapist heard my fears and said that he wants to help me with my anxiety because its sad that i live with a sense of doom. it's also that if something is wrong with me, I don't have anyone to go to treatment with. my friends have spouses and while a few have battled cancer bravely they've had spouses to go to them to treatment. Again, I'm ashamed that i'm having these negative thoughts and cant just tell myself, what is to be will be, whatever God throws at me I can go, and go enjoy a game of scattergories with my kids. Thanks for listening.

Re: I'm new here and tortured about uterine/ovarian cancer. health anxiety ruining li

Its no wonder you feel anxious you have had a lot to cope with. Your trying to cope with all this and its got too much by the sounds of it.

When we loose someone we do tend to focus on death and doom you really need to go get help with the anxiety otherwise it will take over your life it can get better.

Try and trust in your doctor's get some help learn to relax stop overthinking and have plenty of rest. mindfulness music can help be kind to yourself

best wishes xx

Re: I'm new here and tortured about uterine/ovarian cancer. health anxiety ruining li

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I'm so sorry you're going through this. If it helps, I'm also having a horrendous time health wise and mainly worried about leaving my kids. They found a cyst on my ovary and I have to have another scan in 6 weeks to make sure it is gone. Really worried it's ovarian cancer. I was also diagnosed with lichen sclerosus a few weeks ago and now it's hurting and looking worse. Really worried it's vulvar cancer. I am consumed by the worrying. hugs xo

Thread Information