Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First COVID-19 Scare- possibly valid.

My First COVID-19 Scare- possibly valid.

Hello my favorite community.

Well, its been three/four months and I have done a pretty good job of keeping my health anxiety at bay during this pandemic. My family and friends have actually been pretty surprised.

Well, four days ago I woke up feeling a bit junky. almost like I was getting a cold that wouldn't start, swollen but not painful throat, sinuses, TIRED. The last few days following the tiredness has eased but the my chest feels off, that continues, all other symptoms are gone, no fever at all during this. Four days in and the chest is still a little junky, I cant describe it, almost like its swollen, today is the first day that breathing didn't feel 100% more like an 97%.

I put in a call to a nurse to discuss waiting on a call back but of course with health anxiety you never know if you're over thinking but this does feel a bit different. I have read article after article about how people felt off for a week then BAM stroke or couldn't breathe. I'm 31 but I still feel that doesn't mean much with this virus and recently quit smoking.

Friends and family don't get the constant need to discuss symptoms. Anyone know of someone who had this virus? Possibly had it themselves, heard stories, sounds like I might be overthinking?

Honestly at this point anything helps.

Re: My First COVID-19 Scare- possibly valid.

Well, the thing with COVID is you have no idea unless you get tested. Calling the nurse won't do anything. If you do not feel well, you need to isolate yourself until you get tested.

My great uncle died from it (but he was older with health problems) and my aunt, uncle and cousin all got it and are over it.

Yeah, I have a nurse calling. I am going to get tested to be sure, if my lymph nodes were not swollen I would probably just leave it. I am sorry about your uncle, awful to hear.

I have been quarantined for four months besides seeing my family twice in the that time so I havent exposed anyone but my husband which is good news.

Okay, good. Just get tested when you can, and remember, in the meantime treat the symptoms. Lots of fluids, best rest, ibuprofen/tylenol, etc.

I will describe my experience. In Feb I had a UTi - strange for a fella, which cleared after two lots of antibiotics. From then I started getting horrendous bloating with stomach noises, high temperatures and sweats, headaches, Severe congestion With runny nose, PND, Severe chest pain and burning - Must worse than heart attack which I’ve had, breathing issues, daily bringing up green and sometimes blood stain phlegm, dry cough - 3 weeks, loss of smell and taste, burning and blood shot eyes, dizziness, blurred vision, back and stomach pain, burning mouth, nose and eyes - the list goes on. Multiple bloods, chest x rays x2, abdominal US, bladder camera as have blood in urine, all clear. Had 3 swabs - negative and just had an NHS antibody test which is also negative. If you’re going to have the swab test you need it done within 3 -5 days otherwise there’s a high chance you will have a false negative. My results would say I haven’t had it as do my nearest and dearest but I honesty think that I have and it’s caused other issues which I am dealing with now. I was informed by a medic who worked on a Covid ward that many had urine infections prior to full on Covid. There are many many other symptoms which I feel are being overlooked. I hope that you feel well soon.

Sorry to hear about your uncle Antsy

Thank you, PC.

Yeah, I remember you having that UTI. That was weird.

I’m feeling worse now than I did then. The Dr now agrees with the protein loss in my urine and would not say how much. I’m waiting for a call from him on Friday as he’s waiting for the renal team to bc advise him. I have private medical insurance but he would not do a referral at this point! He only works Mon - Fri so I’m like waiting for these days to get anywhere and to be honest I’m having my doubts that this is working and that he’s taking it seriously. He said he didn’t think it was serious - I disagree and know my body. So on Friday, I may have to make some rough decisions and go over his head and go straight to the private sector. Take care.

Second opinions are always good. But if the second doc agrees with the first, then I think you know your answer.

Agree.
    Going back to Covid, it’s in the news here today the Public Health England (PHE) approved antibody tests are producing negative results despite people testing positive for Covid and being ill. It seems if one has a mild dose the immune system fights the infection with T Cells and does not produce antibodies. They believe the original prediction of less than 10% having had the virus is grossly under estimated - which is a positive thing. Makes me wonder now...

Take care and be safe.

@Walker14, I hope you're feeling better and that the test came back as negative. If you feel comfortable, would you mind sharing your outcome or experiences with the test and the subsequent days? I've been feeling a little off for the past couple of days (sore throat, congestion, headache, fatigue), and, when logical, assuming it's just allergies. I also find comfort in the fact that it hasn't gotten worse over a span of 2-3 days. But, like you indicated, I'm afraid of something coming out of nowhere where I feel pretty good and then wind up in the ICU. What a weird time we're living in right? Sending you and everyone else healing and peaceful thoughts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information