Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First COVID-19 Scare- possibly valid.

Re: My First COVID-19 Scare- possibly valid.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPC View Post
    I will describe my experience. In Feb I had a UTi - strange for a fella, which cleared after two lots of antibiotics. From then I started getting horrendous bloating with stomach noises, high temperatures and sweats, headaches, Severe congestion With runny nose, PND, Severe chest pain and burning - Must worse than heart attack which I’ve had, breathing issues, daily bringing up green and sometimes blood stain phlegm, dry cough - 3 weeks, loss of smell and taste, burning and blood shot eyes, dizziness, blurred vision, back and stomach pain, burning mouth, nose and eyes - the list goes on. Multiple bloods, chest x rays x2, abdominal US, bladder camera as have blood in urine, all clear. Had 3 swabs - negative and just had an NHS antibody test which is also negative. If you’re going to have the swab test you need it done within 3 -5 days otherwise there’s a high chance you will have a false negative. My results would say I haven’t had it as do my nearest and dearest but I honesty think that I have and it’s caused other issues which I am dealing with now. I was informed by a medic who worked on a Covid ward that many had urine infections prior to full on Covid. There are many many other symptoms which I feel are being overlooked. I hope that you feel well soon.

Sorry to hear about your uncle Antsy
    Funny you should say that as midway through February just a couple of days before the onset of my two-and-a-half bout of what was probably thought 'normal' seasonal flu at the time, I actually had pains in my bladder akin to UTI. And it's plausible that my ailments back then could well have been CV, but as it was still very early on in the pandemic, it wasn't really taken seriously enough to warrant me being tested.

BTW, I currently have my first 'common cold' since that bad 'flu' virus I had back in February, which started around Wednesday (I think), but strangely enough I don't really feel that fazed by it ATM.

Had it been about 2-3 months earlier I probably would have been quaking in my boots!!

Having said that, AFAIK, I haven't been anywhere near any risky persons or environments where I could have picked up CV.

Daughter has been feeling rough for about 3 days now, nausea and tiredness. So I called 111 but she doesn't meet the criteria for a test which of course is the cough, temp and loss of smell/taste. Anxiety up and running though. She works in Spar and wears a visor but no mask.

Interesting about your bout in Feb. I know a lot of people that had all the symptoms prior to Christmas in Dec and January. I had UTi symptoms again for 48hrs last week but glad to say it’s cleared up! Very strange. When I research my symptoms, I have / had so many of what people describe who have had CV. I very likely have something else going on, I will hopefully find out in a few hours, but I suspect I’m going to fall into the “long termers” category. Someone who had it mild but has an underlying condition that suffers niggling ongoing symptoms for no apparent reason. In typical fashion, my GP thinks I’m suffering anxiety and my family cannot get their heads around why I still keep feeling rough and think it’s in my head too. The only one, step daughter, who’s a paramedic and been on the frontline, is convinced I had it.

Fishman, your daughter can get tested, just go on line and arrange it. My opinion, 111 is not fit for purpose. The triage is operated by non medical people reading from a checklist. Its a tick box exercise. If you didnt have a cough or temperature they were saying you didn’t have it. I’m sure there’s more questions being asked now,

Lenco, quick question about your common cold. Are you experiencing any neck - throat issues?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPC View Post
    Lenco, quick question about your common cold. Are you experiencing any neck - throat issues?
    Over one year and almost one month on, I don't personally recall having any neck/throat issues back then.

Obviously what I did have back in July 2020 was inconsequential as far as Covid is concerned.

Fast forward to August 2021, I have been having quite a few allergy-type symptoms on and off for the past couple of weeks but have so far constantly tested negative with LFTs, plus I proudly boast the badge of honour of being double-jabbed (with Pfizer).

I did have a bit of a common cold about 2-3 weeks back which could very well have been 'Covid-lite', despite still testing negative with LFTs, plus a couple me and my family know who are both over 65 did both have 'Covid-lite' in very late July-very early August in spite of being double-jabbed, whom me and my parents were all (unwittingly) in contact with during their initial onset, but that couple have now both fully recovered and back to their usual selves once again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information