Thread: Not sure

Not sure

Hey, me again sorry.

A week ago i was doing the washing went to stand up and had a the worst pain ever in my lower back it dropped me to the floor.. long story short apas i have sciatica and it was a muscle spasm? Anyonr had this, anyway for the last week ive had pain down one leg and in my bum cheek jsut one side which is associated withs sciatica apparently but because it one sided my anxiety is playing tricks on me thinking its more sinister like a 'Stroke'! So thats one massive worry for me at the moment has anyone suffered with this and can confirm my symptoms are normal.. and on top of that i have serious mom guilt, my sons 1 and with how bad my anxiety has been again and depression now its effecting me taking him for walks etc and i feel worthless like im no good and even though i try jy best i know i can be better thats whats upsetting me, how do you shift this horrible feeling.

Re: Not sure

A few years ago, I bent down to pick up my headphones off the floor. when I stood up I had the worst shooting pains. I had lay down for weeks and couldn't move without starting a spasms. Horrible but try getting some heat onto the area x I know it's not easy, I was worried out of my mind also but give it some time to heal x

And you should NOT be feeling guilty about this!! You are in pain, you need to rest it. Pushing yourself to quickly will just prolong the pain

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Re: Not sure

I get this on and off, and I have no idea what triggers it. It can be so painful though! Mine is usually just down one leg too. I did worry at first too (because I catastrophise), but I was told it was likely sciatica, and it first happened 5 years ago now, so I'm not concerned about it anymore.

You definitely have nothing to feel guilty about! You can't help being in pain, nor can you help that you're struggling mentally. The fact that you care enough to feel guilty shows that you're a loving and caring parent. Some people just can't be bothered!

Thread Information