Page 14 of 108 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Gardening Thread

Re: Gardening Thread

I'm not quite sure why he chose my garden other than it used to be quite "untamed"...It's much neater now but he still visits every day!

We call him Francis..He's partial to a bit of organic salmon too!

I harvested more tomatoes today. They seem to be turning red at the same more this year than last.

I'm waiting for my lemon tree to produce!

Lovely to see everyone enjoying their gardens/yards and attracting wildlife which is a big bonus. We have a pond and a very large frog population as a result, lots of froglets too but sadly no hedgehogs. A lot of our neighbours have wood panel fences that close off a garden rather too well. Clearly not too well for frogs though. I wonder if the smell of dogs would put a hedgehog off. I do know we've not had mice since we first had a dog at this address.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post

Meanwhile, I went to my mate's house yesterday..

We sat in her newly built kitchen with the patio doors wide open and in those 2 hours, I saw two squirrels playing and one came right up the door to eat some bread.
    I have an update!

We've lived in our house for the best part of ten years and in all that time I haven't seen a squirrel in our yard or anyone else's.

I really enjoyed watching those squirrels in my mate's back garden and I thought about them all that day and all through the night when I kept waking up feeling anxious so maybe you can imagine my surprise when the next morning my son shouted me into his room..

Mum! Come look! There's a squirrel in our yard!

By the time I got in there the squirrel was in next door's yard - sat on their rabbit hutch - so I filmed him on my phone to show my mate..

Coincidence? Nah. I'm going with synchronicity...

I think my tomatoes have got blight. Some of the branches have gone black and some of the green tomatoes have kind of gone squishy from the inside out. ☹

Oh no Catkins, are your tomatoes outside? I think they can be more prone to it if so. You can't do much with them, if its any comfort Monty Don had the same trouble.

Yes they're outside

I love Monty Don!

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I think my tomatoes have got blight. Some of the branches have gone black and some of the green tomatoes have kind of gone squishy from the inside out. ☹
    My husband's toms had the same problem. The lot went in the bin!

The time is nearing for the end of the brown bins so all the jobs piling up are getting more urgent. Done the hedges over the last two weeks so I might get lucky there. Some tree lopping yet. Once the laviteria finishes flowering we have to cut it back as it's huge. Honestly, if you have a big space to fill quickly put one of these in as they grow very fast and cover a large area. In year two they are massive and such lovely flowers.

Fishman, have you even see a Red Eye rose? My mum loves roses so I often buy her a plant for birthdays, mother's day, Christmas or just to cheer her up. I got one of these for mothers day and so far it has produced flowers twice. The first a solitary one and recently a bunch on another stem. It's strange though as the buds don't seem to fully open. I know that sometimes happens if they are too early or late but this has done it at the normal times many roses flower.

Roses are great flowers. We can still be seeing the odd flower in winter.

Page 14 of 108 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread Information