Page 18 of 110 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Gardening Thread

Re: Gardening Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I love honeysuckle too.
    Poppy my tomatoes didn't do too well either, even Monty Don had a couple of bad years.
    I'm enjoying seeing some flowers out already...
    Attachment 5469Attachment 5470Attachment 5471Attachment 5472
    Lovely flowers!

Not much growing in ours other than sone daffs and budding roses. The trees have had buds on them since early January with some before Christmas.

Eurysimum is nice. If you want something that seems to be in bloom all year I would recommend them.

Wish this stupid back would go so I could get in the garden. The storms have brought down a few branches and some sweep up is needed.

Lola, where I live used to be meadow land so I get a lot of free wild flowers. I also get a lot of long grain grass come the summer but the spring brings a wonderful display of bluebells and snowdrops.

Terry what is that plant you mentioned, sounds more like a health complaint, lol.

Erysimum (always spell it incorrectly) but I'm not sure if the docs have a cream for it.

We had two but one died in year two. They grow bushy even in pots. The first pic is like we one that died, which was my favourite:

This is the same colour as the one that's still going about 3 years on. It has flowers nearly all year even if only a few. It's out front in all weather:

You would like them, Carnation. Delicate little flowers are really nice. They come in other colours but I like the rusty looking oranges and browns as they are unusual. Those colours would blend nicely with plants turned brown in autumn.

We usually have some Dianthus too.

Are they a type of wallflower Terry?

I love wallflowers…the scent takes me back to my childhood

Ghost…Spillways

They look like wallflowers to me, lol
    IMG_20220226_122012.jpgIMG_20220222_153816.jpg

Yep, you're right, they are. So many different varieties.

We used to grow the most beautiful phlox when I was a child. White with purple centres…you never see them now:(

Also while I’m in a nostalgic mood…the sweet Williams we grew had the most glorious scent. I bought a bunch couple of years ago and they literally had no smell at all!

Ghost…Spillways

You would see phlox in our garden. We have two. Really nice flowers but I was expecting to see butterflies on them and it's rare. The bees have a go at then at least.

Bees really love rubbing themselves through the bunches of small flowers. I quite like watching bees go about their work. Usually see the enormous queens looking for a home early in the year.

Just planted some sweet william Darksky
    Terry, wallflowers I've got, I'll post a pic when in full bloom because they look amazing.

I've been buying orchids for my wife for years. They're a challenging plant to nurture but we have a half a dozen that I've cared for for years. Here's a pic of the latest bloomer

IMG_0771.jpg

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 18 of 110 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread Information