Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Gardening Thread

Re: Gardening Thread

Blimey! (Said just you ) Ours are in small pots. The flowers must be enormous on your neighbour's. I didn't know that got that big. They must be a pretty sight.

I will have to ask her for some pics so I can show you guys.

10CC5B34-E81D-4424-9E05-9ACE7713DA4F.jpg0D058CC7-0900-4B04-9C35-6F1AE1C4F813.jpg

This is all I can grow Agaves and Yukka’s.I have several varieties of weeds.

You know I have a theory about the lawn. The longer you wait to mow it the better it looks when you finally do. if I mowed it every week no one would even bat an eye but if I let it get 2 feet tall then mow it everyone says wow that looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    I love Agaves. I have several. They grow their whole lives, some live as long as humans out in the high desert, and then go out with a bang, blooming right before they die. Plus, they're where tequila comes from

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    You know I have a theory about the lawn. The longer you wait to mow it the better it looks when you finally do. if I mowed it every week no one would even bat an eye but if I let it get 2 feet tall then mow it everyone says wow that looks great!
    LMAO I see why the Mrs. keeps you around, N.

58343334737__571EA95D-4600-46E1-960E-96ABAC327BDE.jpg

This is from my local botanical garden that I visit all the time. It's my inspiration...

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Wow, you have a greenhouse too? That is so cool. At the local botanical garden I go to their greenhouse in the winter to see all the orchids that they grow and bloom. Hardly anyone has greenhouses here unless they grow orchids.

I'm in the process of redoing the landscaping in the backyard right now (I moved a few months ago). When I get it all done, I will show you pictures. I have a lot of perennials and flowering succulents that the butterflies and bees like, but as for the birds, I can only put the feeders in the front yard as cats go in the backyard.

I have a few tropical plants that live in the kitchen window box all year, like a Persian Carpet Flower (edithcolea) that I've had growing for three years. It's only made one flower though. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It seems very happy and has grown like a weed, but still no other flowers. I also have a hybrid succulent that makes flowers that eats bugs.Attachment 5113
    This is a very strange looking plant Vee, is it the Persian Carpet flower? I'm not so knowledgeable on tropical plants, though if it's not producing flowers, try giving it a feed with high potassium. If its producing lots of leaves its probably getting lots of nitrogen and will keep doing that at the expense of flowers. Check what conditions the plant likes i.e sun or shade etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    10CC5B34-E81D-4424-9E05-9ACE7713DA4F.jpg0D058CC7-0900-4B04-9C35-6F1AE1C4F813.jpg

Crikey Lola, is that your garden? It looks as big as a national park!!

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    LMAO I see why the Mrs. keeps you around, N.
    Oh, I didn't realise he was talking about lady gardens

Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information