Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Gardening Thread

Re: Gardening Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    Attachment 5114Attachment 5115

This is all I can grow Agaves and Yukka’s.I have several varieties of weeds.
    My wife wants a yucca plant! She's from S America and turned me on to yucca (root)... yucca fries, yucca bread, yucca in soups The plant/flower is beautiful and can survive and thrive in our climate.

Positive thought
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    This is a very strange looking plant Vee, is it the Persian Carpet flower? I'm not so knowledgeable on tropical plants, though if it's not producing flowers, try giving it a feed with high potassium. If its producing lots of leaves its probably getting lots of nitrogen and will keep doing that at the expense of flowers. Check what conditions the plant likes i.e sun or shade etc.
    That one with the pic is the one who's flowers eat bugs. The bugs fly into the flower and get stuck, and then the flower closes back up and the plant absorbs nutrients from the bug, I guess. That's not the one I'm having trouble with--it flowers all the time.

I'm having trouble with the Persian Carpet flower. I will try the high potassium. It likes filtered direct light and warm climate, which is why it stays in my kitchen box window.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    My wife wants a yucca plant! She's from S America and turned me on to yucca (root)... yucca fries, yucca bread, yucca in soups The plant/flower is beautiful and can survive and thrive in our climate.

Positive thought
    Yucca is very good to eat! Especially Peruvian style. Does your wife also like nopales?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post

Positive thought
    I have a lot of Yukka’s and Agave’s some are huge they grow very quick in North QLD.
    I have tried Yukka fries in Mexico along with nopoles.

Yummmmm!

Baby Aquilegias pricked out today, baby clematis 'Sunset' potted on. Hedge bindweed pulled out, the weed to beat all weeds. Comfrey cut back to encourage a second flowering.

Nice. I'm putting in a bougainvilla along my fence today. I told you I was redoing my landscaping, right?

You did say Vee, how is it coming along? I just googled your plant...should give you some nice colour?

This thread is certainly the antidote to Vaccine Wars..

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Does your wife also like nopales?
    I don't think she's ever mentioned them/that. I'll have to ask her. I know we've never had it. Her homemade empanadas are to die for as well as her cazuela and ceviche. She really is a marvelous cook. Its good to be the "Papi" in more ways than one!

But when it comes to certain things like smoking, grilling and things like Italian or traditional American, I'm the cook. In fact, just yesterday my son and his partner visited and I smoked two racks of ribs for 9 hours. It was 'melt in your mouth fall off the bone' good! (I do my own rub too) I did my garlic roasted red potatoes and grilled corn on the cob too.

Positive thoughts and now I'm hungry!
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread Information