Thread: Diarrhea

Diarrhea

I’ve had bouts of IBS for years, mainly constipation with both dull & cramping pain. I’ve had the odd but of diarrhea but one or two Imodium tabs always sorted that out. Since Tuesday though, I’ve had watery diarrhea several times a day which Imodium doesn’t seem to touch, at least only for a few hours. No pain at all, & no blood showing, thank heavens. I did wonder if it was a tummy bug but my husband hasn’t been affected, and he would be likely to catch it, wouldn’t he? I’m inclined not to think it’s IBS, or there would be pain. My HA is thinking of the inevitable BC, but I’m comforted by the fact that I had a clear screening test in Feb. Not asking for a diagnosis but has anyone else had anything similar? I don’t want to bother my GP in the current situation.

Re: Diarrhea

Have you been under stress lately? Enough water, fiber, in most cases diarrhea will clear up on it's own in a week, you could also be having a bad IBS flare up and if you are still having periods every month and or going through the change, that can make your IBS worse.

Re: Diarrhea

Thanks! It did clear up pretty much after a week. And I've certainly been under quite a lot of stress lately. [Luckily, I'm 8 years past the menopause. No periods - hurrah!]

Thread Information