Thread: Atypical endometrial hyperplasia

Atypical endometrial hyperplasia

I’m absolutely going out of my mind with my anxiety. I had an internal scan done on Thursday and they told me there is a mass of polyps and a cyst which I knew about that it has been there for a couple of years but this is all new with this diagnosis, And my uterus is really thick. I’m so so scared I don’t know what to do. My dr is waiting for my result from the scan to refer me on to see a gynaecologist.

Has anyone else had this condition or going through it I absolutely am feeling so sick over it all and can’t even sleep with the worry of it all, thank you so much for reading

Re: Atypical endometrial hyperplasia

I know of the condition, I don't know anyone with it. Usually what happens is that you get a progesterin shot so that your body starts to shed your endometrium. Then you get put on birth control pills so that the endometrium doesn't build up like that again. If the shot doesn't work, then I've heard you can get a D and C to remove the endometrium.

It's not a death sentence and it doesn't mean cancer. It just means you're having some issues with your equipment. The gyno will give you all the info you need and help you figure out the next steps.

Try to do some things that relax you...yoga, hot shower, long walk, massage, etc.

Thank you so much for your kind reply I will try and take a lovely bath tonight and try to spend time with my 3 young children. It’s been so hard just my anxiety always jumps the gun especially after googling everything

Did they say how thick your endometrial lining is? How did they diagnose you with atypical endometrial hyperplasia? Biopsy?
    Last edited by SnowyGreen; 28-06-20 at 03:53.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyGreen View Post
    Did they say how thick your endometrial lining is? How did they diagnose you with atypical endometrial hyperplasia? Biopsy?
    The Sonographer diagnosed me with it as she saw my uterus lining abnormally thick, she didn’t tell me the sizes but she wrote them all down. She saw a mass finding of polyps around the area and told me abnormal cells were present and they can spread to other areas and fall down into my tubes. I’ve got to wait and see the scan results reach my dr so then he can refer me on to see a consultant. They will most likely take biopsy’s from me there

Quote Originally Posted by Lilcharlie View Post
    The Sonographer diagnosed me with it as she saw my uterus lining abnormally thick, she didn’t tell me the sizes but she wrote them all down. She saw a mass finding of polyps around the area and told me abnormal cells were present and they can spread to other areas and fall down into my tubes. I’ve got to wait and see the scan results reach my dr so then he can refer me on to see a consultant. They will most likely take biopsy’s from me there

The sonographer diagnosed you with atypical hyperplasia? How did they reach the conclusion it is atypical and not just simple hyperplasia? That can only be done by a biopsy or a d&c. I'm just asking because I had atypical hyperplasia which was only diagnosed with a d&c. All they knew from a scan was that I had a thickened lining.
    Last edited by SnowyGreen; 29-06-20 at 04:15.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyGreen View Post
    The sonographer diagnosed you with atypical hyperplasia? How did they reach the conclusion it is atypical and not just simple hyperplasia? That can only be done by a biopsy or a d&c. I'm just asking because I had atypical hyperplasia which was only diagnosed with a d&c. All they knew from a scan was that I had a thickened lining.
    The sonographer told me it was atypical as she saw abnormal cells on the screen but when I spoke to my go there other day he said nothing worrying just lining of my uterus really thick but didn’t say how thick it was. I’m in constant cramping and bleed in between my periods like I’ve cut myself I’m so scared! I will see if I can speak to another Dr on Monday as I can’t cope with all this worry 😩

I’m so sorry you’ve been through this bless you! I hope your results were all good for you 🤍

Let us know how you get on. My thickness was 22mm, so quite thick. Mine wasn't good news, but it is all over for me now.

Thread Information