Thread: I知 Fed Up With The Cycle

I知 Fed Up With The Cycle

I知 Matt and I知 an 18 year old male with health anxiety. I posted on here many times before about my fears of heart, thyroid, kidney, and brain problems and heard some nice replies from many of you which I really love.

My symptoms are always stuff that relate to the 4 in some way: muscle twitches and quivers around my body, gazing off into nothing frequently, occasional palpitations and fast heart rate, and this panicky feeling that everything in my body is failing.

I go through these cycles where sometimes I have days in which I知 totally fine and don稚 feel a thing and thrive!! But other days I will overthink and lead myself down a terrible rabbit hole which causes more symptoms.

I have my yearly checkup tomorrow and I知 praying everything goes well 🙏

Anyone else know about these cycles?

Re: I知 Fed Up With The Cycle

I do know what you mean by cycles. Sometimes I've gone a while with no symptoms and feel great mentally. Then something triggers my anxiety and I'll be worrying about some illness, sometimes chronic (e.g. cancer), or sometimes it's more short term (e.g. infections). Even after I'm over the initially fear (e.g. it turned out that the rash on my arm was not from meningitis, but was, in fact, red wine I'd spilled on myself the night before) I begin to worry about other things, and feel more symptoms. Once the anxiety is there, it will find something to cling on to.

It sucks and I'm sorry you feel this way. I wish I knew what to do about it. CBT helped me for a while and although I wasn't suddenly 'cured' I was more able to talk myself down when I started to spiral.

Re: I知 Fed Up With The Cycle

Hey everyone I got my blood and urine test results back and everything is clear! Except for low Vitamin D but that痴 because I wasn稚 in the sun much during quarantine which is my fault. Doctor said it痴 very common anyway. Thank you

Thread Information