Thread: Upper right abdominal tenderness

Upper right abdominal tenderness

Hello. I'm wondering if anyone could please give me their opinion on whether I'm worrying more than is necessary about some symptoms I'm having.

Basically, for months now my upper right abdomen has felt very tender to touch. It doesn't hurt unless I press it. I know the answer to helping the pain is not to press it (as my bf has advised I do!). But I'm more concerned about the reason for the pain than the pain itself.

I had an ultrasound on my andomen in October 2019 which came back normal (slight scarring on kidney which I was told is nothing to worry about). I also recently had one on my pelvis, which was also ok.

When I went to my GP (a few months ago) she pressed my abdomen. I flinched when she pressed on the upper right part and asked if it hurt. I said that it had hurt for a while prior to that, but she didn't seem concerned.

I'm just not sure how to feel. In the one hand, I had an abdominal ultrasound which came back ok, and my GP didn't seem concerned. I also had bloods taken 2 months ago which came back normal. On the other hand, the ultrasound was 8 months ago now, and surely this pain can't be normal? It feels like a big bruise inside.

Should I push for more tests (I don't know what else they can do though - maybe another ultrasound of that area), or should I leave it? (I'm in my early 30s btw)

Thanks

Re: Upper right abdominal tenderness

I'd listen to your boyfriend. Bottom line is our bodies are not meant to be poked and prodded.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Upper right abdominal tenderness

Hi Fishman. Thanks for your response (sorry, I thought I had already replied). I'll try to stop doing it, it just hurts even if I press lightly and it's really concerning. I am quite thin, so I guess even pressing lightly is going kind of deep, but I still don't know how this pain can be normal. Surely others would have it too if it was?

Thread Information