Hi guys, just some advice as someone whose never had an anxiety attack until today.

To cut a long story short, my mom passed away a few years back, shortly followed by my Nan and then a traumatic relationships and stressful job on top. I feel I’ve been grieving heavily lately and moved back home with my dad in February after two years living down south.

Being back home, coming to terms with my full grief and the return of my health anxiety (all because I’m due a smear test) has tipped me over the edge.

i’ve been struggling with PMS too and then my period came heavy in the night and I woke up unable to breath. It took my dad ages to calm me down and I had to tell my boss I couldn’t work today. It was so horrible.

I’ve also had horrid upper/middle back pain since last week. It’s been on and off with heat and ibuprofen (I’m trying to tell myself it came from stress/jogging too much).

It came back today and I ended up crying because of scared of that too. It’s only when I move and twist etc. I do suffer with knots in my back anyway, even when I’m ok.

It just feels like everything has caught up with me now I’m home and the anxiety has reared it’s head good and proper.

Is it normal that the body feels so painful after an anxiety attack?

I should mention that I do see a therapist once a week but that will have to be Friday now as I’ll have to make up for today with work by doing an extra day this week :/

Thanks for reading and any tips for after an anxiety attack will help too. I’m too scared to go to the docs atm.

xx