Thread: 2 yo swollen lymph node

2 yo swollen lymph node

Hey guys, I'm in a panic here, I'm at work and just can't focus on anything else but on this, I'm on the verge of a panic attack.
    My daughter is 2 years old, she's gonna turn 3 in November, about two months ago I noticed a enlarged lymph node on the side of her neck, it wasn't visible, I just happened to touch it, I let two weeks go by and it didn't go down. Here in Portugal, especially in the area I live in as been hard to book pediatric appointments due to the pandemic, I only managed to talk to a doctor on the phone that told me to wait a bit longer to see if the swelling would go down... Two months later now it did not, she has a doctor appointment today and I'm so scared and Panicking, she seems healthy otherwise, she has lots of energy, but she does have some night sweats, and I saw that can be a lymphoma symptom... Can someone help me calm down and be reasonable please?

Re: 2 yo swollen lymph node

Please dont panic! This is really common, I remember having exact same panic when both my girls were around this age. My GP told me that at
    this age their bodies are constantly under attack from lots of viruses and bugs so their nodes are often constantly up, even wen they are generally well (he said it was like soilders always ready to fight the next thing). In the end I avoided their necks!
    I'm sure she will be fine.

Re: 2 yo swollen lymph node

Quote Originally Posted by worryingmum View Post
    Please dont panic! This is really common, I remember having exact same panic when both my girls were around this age. My GP told me that at
    this age their bodies are constantly under attack from lots of viruses and bugs so their nodes are often constantly up, even wen they are generally well (he said it was like soilders always ready to fight the next thing). In the end I avoided their necks!
    I'm sure she will be fine.
    Thank you so much for your reply, I'm glad Im not the only one dealing with this, it's my first child so everything is new to me, what concerned me is the fact that has been there for 2 months already, but your answer did help me quite a bit. Thank you so much I'll just try to stay calm until her appointment

Thread Information