Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I could really use a hand hold 😔

I could really use a hand hold 😔

I have had on and off blood in stool for years now, since last year it got very regular and saw bright red blood on stool and when I wiped connected this to hemorrhoids. However for about 4 months now I have been seeing a deep dark red mucas blood mixed in with my stool, not all of it just parts of it. Who know maybe all of it can’t really tell it is inside the loo. I was scheduled to have a sigmoidoscopy but delayed due to Covid and I have also found out I’m pregnant. I’m utterly depressed thinking whatever this is, is getting worse. I would really appreciate if anyone had had similar symptoms share experience if not it’s fine.

Re: I could really use a hand hold 😔

Sending a big hug, congratulations on your pregnancy too!
    In some ways, being pregnant is an excellent way to get all your problems looked at quickly. I’m sure you’ll receive excellent care & that you’ll be ok x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi thank you for replying back, I’m actually in quite a bit of state, I don’t even think they’ll do a sigmoidoscopy cause I’m pregnant, and I know blood stained dark mucas is not normal!

Anyone out there have similar experience ?

Have you called your doctor to discuss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

So sorry to hear you are going through a worrying time, but congrats on your pregnancy. I agree with Scass, you need to discuss with your Dr, and let him/her know how worried you are. I'm sure they will be able to sort something out. The procedure shouldn't be risky to your baby, so no reason not to go ahead

You could also get some blood tests and a FIT kit to do

Inanna xx

Hi I hope to put your mind at rest, I was experiencing dark red mucus with stool and sometimes just on it's own it went on for ages I had a colonoscopy and nothing was found it was put down to constipation which makes sense as after the prep for the procedure I didnt get it again for a couple of months I now take a daily dose of movicol. Do contact your doctor as worrying about it will make your symptoms worse it did for me.

Hey Innana and Scass I’ve discussed with the doctor and they will let me know sometime this week if they can do the sigmoidoscopy on me as I’m pregnant, I hope they can do it but I also don’t want any risk to the baby. I really hope there is no risk to the baby.

Hey Pickle thank you for the reply back. Was you dark red mucas due to a fissure do you think or hemorrhoid? I’m utterly confused about whats causing it as I’m not constipated so can’t be that. I know I have a hemorrhoid but why would a hemorrhoid bleed dark red mucas stuff.

Hemorrhoids are far more likely to come to the fore (or develop) during pregnancy, depending how far along you are and if they're giving you iron tabs which cause constipation. My daughter has developed them and she's pregnant.

1. We did the hard months in lockdown abiding by rules for you to get here.
    2. No one gives a shit if you prefer white towels or hotels with sea views.
    You're in quarantine for fourteen days ...obey the rules.

Hey yes it was dark red, like the colour of red wine. colonoscopy showed no hemorrhoid or fissures I did not even think about constipation while I had it as I wasnt in pain and going regular or so I thought.
    Last edited by P1ckle; 02-07-20 at 12:45.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information