Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I;ve just got back from the hospital

Had visual disturbance since 4.30 today on and off five times. I'm petrified. I banged my head on the car door twice in a week and also used a paint thinner for oil painting and it made me dizzy i woke up last friday morning after using it the night before and was really lightheaded.
    The migraine aura today was tipping point for me i was petrified I m still petrified, I've had no food and my blood sugar is 10 . I saw a doctor at the hosptial he said all was fine and that the migraine aura is recurring because i am stressed anxious and panicking .
    I just want to be normal but these migraines put fear in me like nothing else.

Re: I;ve just got back from the hospital

Can confirm that stress makes aura more likely to occur, I used to be plagued by the bloody things. They're awful (if I think I'm getting one it triggers a full-blown panic attack) but totally harmless. I used to have a Google problem and after searching for HOURS I found it very hard indeed to find anything that said it wasn't

Feel better!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Can confirm that stress makes aura more likely to occur, I used to be plagued by the bloody things. They're awful (if I think I'm getting one it triggers a full-blown panic attack) but totally harmless. I used to have a Google problem and after searching for HOURS I found it very hard indeed to find anything that said it wasn't

Feel better!
    Hi thank you , i have a google problem again i feel i have nowhere to go for help during this virus outbreak, yesterday was my worse nightmare. I just want to live life without the fear of getting this aura . I have to admit that each time it came back i could still see and read and write but it was there and was causng me severe anxiety and panic :(

The anxiety is what you need to work on, in that case. Are you getting help for it right now?

I've phoned my GP he is going to call me back , I am going to ask him to refer me to a psychiatrist , counsellors don't help me I've seen a lot and nothing changed . There is a deep rooted issue why I am like this I know there is .

I hope you manage to get referred to see an NHS psychiatrist but it may be difficult. Would you consider going privately if there is an issue with an NHS referral?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I hope you manage to get referred to see an NHS psychiatrist but it may be difficult. Would you consider going privately if there is an issue with an NHS referral?
    My doctor just phoned she is getting me counselling again a new counsellor a lady , she will phone me but it takes about two weeks , but I took any help offered right now . I'm feeling better today , vision good but there is always the anxiety of it returning for me I panic so much . My stomach is churning all the time and it takes weeks before i settle once my mind sees no more danger of visual disturbance .
    I wish there was a cure .
    Thank you for your replies all, also I would go privately but right now money is tight as my husband is self employed and was out of work for 13 weeks because of covid , he got back two weeks ago , but he has taken today off because of how i am :(

Just a quick question - we all have our migraine triggers, but are you keeping track of your caffeine consumption? That was what got rid of mine, I've gone from having several a day or week to not having had one in a couple of years.

[QUOTE=BlueIris;1956658]Just a quick question - we all have our migraine triggers, but are you keeping track of your caffeine consumption? That was what got rid of mine, I've gone from having several a day or week to not having had one in a couple of years.[/QUOTE/
    Caffeine has never been a problem for me i cant find the trigger .
    I was thinking of having a food intolerance test, what are your thoughts ?

I'd be very wary, purely because there's a lot of quacks out there who just want to take your money and help you restrict your diet to an unhealthy degree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information