Thread: Spiralling again.. blood on tp after constipation

Spiralling again.. blood on tp after constipation

I am so sad that after 6-7 months of feeling great (citalopram 40mg) I am now just where I was before.
    Basically I have been eating pretty badly recently, lots of coffee, not enough water, no fibre etc and have had constipation. No feeling I need to go but I used to go every day now it’s like every 2-3 days and always quite dry/hard.

I decided enough was enough and have cut back on coffee and eating lots more veg and a couple of days ago I went and it hurt when it came out as it was much bigger than recently. Anyway, I now don’t check the toilet anymore after I was becoming obsessed, but this time I glanced at the tp and there was red blood on it! None I could see on the stool though.

Next day I had a normal visit to the toilet, then today it was a bit drier and low and behold there’s a bit of blood on the tp.

I’m worried the pain and blood is BC. Specifically rectal cancer 😢.

I feel so down and depressed but the strange thing about the citalopram I can’t even cry I just feel like I want to die again.

I’ve tried ringing doctors the phones always engaged.

I have gained 5kg recently and don’t think I have any other symptoms, but I haven’t had blood tests recently.

What should I do 😢

Re: Spiralling again.. blood on tp after constipation

Sounds like you could have an anal fissure, they can happen when an overly large stool is passed. These stools could be due to diet and also because you put off going to the toilet when you should go.
    See your Dr for a check up, fissures are quit easy to diagnose. In the meantime, improve your diet and take more fibre, like stewed apples or porridge. You can also get stool softeners from the chemist, that work well, Coloxyl is a good one.

Re: Spiralling again.. blood on tp after constipation

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Sounds like you could have an anal fissure, they can happen when an overly large stool is passed. These stools could be due to diet and also because you put off going to the toilet when you should go.
    See your Dr for a check up, fissures are quit easy to diagnose. In the meantime, improve your diet and take more fibre, like stewed apples or porridge. You can also get stool softeners from the chemist, that work well, Coloxyl is a good one.
    I was hoping it is a fissure but there was only pain during, not after.

I’ll hopefully get through to the doctors eventually :’(

Thread Information