Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GP found a lump

Re: GP found a lump

Thank you everyone for your stories... They make me feel a bit more positive that it will all be ok. I'm doing ok all things considered. Im at my mum's (we're a bubble) but I haven't told her as she doesn't need that worry just now. Just told my partner and some close friends. My mother hasn't picked up on my anxiety so I guess that's an indication I'm doing ok. But it's occupying almost every thought in my head. 5 days to go.

Xxx

The very best of luck for today, Jess. Please let us know that is said at your appointment? x

Thinking of you Jess! Hoping for the best, let us know when you have a moment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Breast biopsy

Hi everyone, I was at the breast clinic yesterday after the GP found a lump. I had 3 fine needle biopsies. The sonographer didnt say too much, just that she was doing the biopsies to be cautious. I was ok yesterday, but now my mind is in overdrive and I'm super anxious. I should get my results in the next week. Honestly feeling awful. I'm not even 40 yet with two preschool age kids...😢 I am looking for reassurance, ideas to calm myself whatever it takes to get through. Thanks

Thank you for thinking of me midnight mouse and pulisa. I had my appointment yesterday and I'm not sure what to think. I turned up and straight away the nurse took a fine needle biopsy without even doing the ultrasound... Cue me almost having a complete meltdown... As once again I'd geared myself up for it "all being ok". I was then sent for an ultrasound (I'm 39). Sonographer didnt say too much. She didn't seem overly worried about the area the nurse had biopsied and said she could see two cysts. BUT there was a nearby lump that was more suspicious (she showed me it on the screen) she biopsied the area twice. However she said if she was very suspicious she would have done a core biopsy rather than another FNA. I felt relieved immediately after (I'd got to the point where I imagined my whole boob being full of cancer) but today the niggles and worry is creeping in.... In typical HA style! Although obviously this is genuine concern and not something "in my head". I have been given a number to call in a week if I haven't heard by then. Wish if had an absolute answer yesterday. But still more waiting... Oh and this morning some white gunk came out of my boob... FFS! 😞

Re: Breast biopsy

At this point do whatever it is that calms your mind and passes the time, you're stuck in the waiting for test results twilight zone until you get your results.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Waiting for results is awful but you have started the process and now you will have to keep yourself as busy and distracted as possible to stop yourself from ruminating and leaping to worst case scenario situations. I imagine that your young children keep you occupied anyway but do whatever it takes, as Nancy says, to get through the hours and please don't Google because the information you will find online will not apply to your own case. Only the doctors studying your biopsies will have the answers..not a soulless search engine.

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this wait, Jess x

Thanks Nancy and Pulisa. I keep swinging from feeling ok to bring severely worried. Things have moved pretty quickly - I called my GP only ten days ago so I guess it's going as quickly as it can really. Told my mum, she sounds v worried, which doesn't help. Urgh.

I also have a breast cyst, plus giant lumps in my left breast. They're all fine, as far as I know (couldn't get them checked this year due to covid). Yours is most likely fine too!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information