Thread: Going through alot and blood pressure worries

Going through alot and blood pressure worries

I'm finding things very difficult at the moment, although I may feel like I'm not stressed, subconsciously I'm very aware I am and feel consistently tense.

Wednesday night, I sitting watching TV with my mum, when I got a sudden almost felt like a rush of dizziness and woozy feeling. Then when I went to bed, I still had it for almost an hour. That is when I started to get very panicky and anxious. So I got really worried and called to see the out of hours doctor, went to see him, he was a horrible and rude man, who said my blood pressure was high and I needed to go to hospital and that was all he said.

So I got home, and still felt this way, as I'd no one to bring me to the hospital my mum called the ambulance (never had an ambulance ever), so they arrived and I explained how I was feeling. They took my BP, at the out of hours doctor it was 159/100.

The paramedic men were really kind and caring, they took me into the ambulance and did more BP there, it went from 163, down to 143 systolic. They said it wasn't dangerous, and it was going down, and that they were happy to take me to the hospital or I could wait to see my own doctor in the morning.

I decided to wait and see my own doctor and thanked and apologised because I honestly thought something terrible was wrong with me like a stroke or aneurysm or something.

Anyway, went doctor next morning (all covered of course through all this), and my doctor did vertigo tests, no vertigo and took my pulsa, oxygen, listened to my heart and re-checked my BP again, it was 133/98, which he said was perfectly fine. And for me, to get a 24hr BP monitor (wait 2 weeks for it), anyway, yeah, he wasn't worried, and I asked was it just some sort of dizzy spell and he agreed.

So that was som relief, and I know the past few months I've never been more tense, more stressed and worried about my family and of course myself but I'm constantly tired, exhausted and drained. I've no energy, I'm drinking as much water as I can as it is quite humid lately here in Ireland, and the house is heavily insulated so can feel quite claustrophobic at time, so fans on a lot, no air conditioning.

I was fine yesterday, but today I've had a little woozy sensation, usually at night, not sure if it's BP related or humidity or anxiety or all of them in some way. I also got this tingly sensation on side of my face, which seems to have calmed down now but I feel so overwhelmed with this. And I'm still worried about this virus and that out of hours caredoc was the most rude and really aggressive care person I've ever met, he was even rude to my mum.

Sorry, I just need to vent all this and ask if anyone has had similar symptoms? I'm 32 by the way, female, slightly overweight and hypothyroid (which could be a reason for that tingly sensation, not sure). On medication for it.

I do suffer with anxiety and depression. I'm taking 10mg Propranolol mainly for anxiety.

Yeah, just feeling a bit scared and alone and feeling so much right now, that was very overwhelming for me.

Re: Going through alot and blood pressure worries

It sounds like you had a sensation that you then worried so much about that you turned it into a panic attack. Your triggers are around your heart already, so this is probably why.
    Does no-one ever give you any practical help with your anxiety? Has anyone ever suggested a talking therapy to you?
    I know that it must have been a hugely scary experience and that you probably felt ok the next day because of the reassurance given, but it changed again today due to the anxiety still being there and still being untreated.
    I’m not suggesting this is your fault, my anxiety has been all over the place lately too. I’m just wanting you to step back & try to look at the bigger picture:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Scass, sorry for late reply, it's been an up and down week and one thing after another has been adding to the stress once again. I totally agree with you, and I've been to a therapist, but he put me in a CBT group, which didn't help at all, so I asked my doctor to send me to someone else, and I'm still waiting a year later, and it's impossible at the moment to get anything like that as things are strict still.

My doctor was very good to me when I seen him earlier in the week, and he checked for vertigo, which wasn't that. I'm having a 24hr BP monitor on the 17th (didn't have anything earlier), but he is doing that as a precaution but he took my BP that day and he said it was perfectly normal. Surprisingly it's the dizzy or woozy spells I'm having that are unsettling me. Even when I was talking to the paramedics, I said I thought it was a stroke or something, and they didn't seem concerned about that so not so much about my heart, but that feeling can be so unsettling when it comes out of nowhere even when I'm relaxing or not thinking, a lightheadedness but not terrible just a light dizzy feeling that makes me feel a little unbalances inside. I'm not getting headaches, but every so often I get a little (I describe it like getting a stitch but in your head), lasts a few seconds and goes away again, maybe tension too. It's hot too, very humid in the house.

I know my anxiety is still there, but it's more a lot of stress at the moment, which I'm trying to reduce, it's hard. I especially feel it in my back in my shoulder blades, burning muscles and all, so I know my body is drained too. I have a lot of work to do on myself, I know that. I probably was a lot worse because of that horrible man I went to see, who treated me so badly, otherwise I would have just gone to my doctor, so it's been a bit of a rough time, but I'm working on trying to get better.

I sound like a broken record, but everything has just been really hard and stressful. Hopefully things might start to pick up a bit or just settle down even, so my brain can not have to work so hard.

Why am I still getting bouts of dizziness? It's not so drastic as to feel as though I may pass out or fall over, and don't feel sick, but the dizziness feels specific to the frontal part of my head, and sometimes I feel tension at my temples?

Is it a blood pressure thing? Long hours at a laptop screen everyday? Something else? Last week, my doctor did a vertigo test but didn't think it was that, and blood pressure, was a little high but normal (getting BP 24hr monitor Friday as well) and checked my heart and said everything was normal, and that was after the paramedics had seen me too, so I don't know why I'm still having bouts of dizziness. Sometimes I'm okay, but it comes on suddenly like a rush, and takes me aback a little, and feeling lightheaded.

I'm drinking plenty of water, and eating normally, nothing more, nothing less. Still on my 10mg Propranolol like normal, nothing changed, but just last week or so, this. I'm not trying to frighten myself, and trying to think rationally but its very unsettling and just sets me off because I don't know why its happening.

Pretty much had a day from hell. You wouldn't believe it unless you seen it, but a giant SWARM of wasps came into our garden today, had to rush our cats and dogs in the house as they were surrounding them (their all safe inside now). Thankfully a local bee keeper came down and took them away, and their all gone.

My stress level though is peak tonight. My dizziness had gone away all day and its only starting up now, but with all the stress today, I can understand that reason.

One thing that's bothering me is my temperature. it seems to have gone low last few days (96.4-96.9). Thought it was a bit weird cause its still warm, and am drinking water, so not sure why that's happening.

Honestly so overwhelmed with stress and nerves as well, has me very drained and exhausted. Overwhelming.

I get dizziness when I don’t eat or drink properly and when I’m so anxious that I’m not breathing properly- like I’m taking lots of shallow breaths instead of tummy breaths.

You probably didn’t have it because you were too busy to be stressed, and then once you calmed down it came back.

I have had this sensation a lot over the years, I do have a problem with my ear but it’s very different when that kicks in. For me it’s always been a posture thing, when I’ve been keeping myself tense through stress, particularly in my shoulders and neck.

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Thread Information