Thread: Anxiety,periods,fibromyalgia,something else??

Anxiety,periods,fibromyalgia,something else??

Hi Everyone

Sorry this is probably going to be a long post but I can’t help thinking I will feel better writing it all down

I’ve been having a few problems lately with anxiety and panic attacks I have health anxiety ibs fibromyalgia and under active thyroid

I get a lot of weird symptoms when my period is due I have had them quite a while but the last 2 months around the time this bad spell of anxiety started they feel worse I don’t k ow if it’s because I am in an anxious state all the time

I get tender breasts the past 2 months they have been really bad I suffer with upper back pain anyway the doc says my trapezius muscles are messed up so I hold a lot of tension there that always feels worse around that time of the month

The past 2 months around period time I’ve had an annoying chest ache that flares up my health anxiety which is centred around my heart

I would just like to know if this is anxiety drawing my attention to it or has something changed or is something changing? The stress and worry makes things worse and right now you can’t even make a appt with your doctor to discuss any concerns you have so I feel lost in my own head

I’m not at work right now I’m scared of going out walking I am just so fed up with feeling this way

Could I be in the verge of the menopause?

Sorry if this doesn’t make sense it doesn’t to me either

Thanks for reading x

Re: Anxiety,periods,fibromyalgia,something else??

Hi all

My doc is wondering if this is hormonal now

My breasts still hurt like an annoying ache all the time

I have such bad back muscles still not at work but I’m hoping to go back Monday but I am scared stiff

Not about work just about getting ill there having a panic attack there having to come home again

I’m hoping to talk to my manager either today or tomorrow and hopefully she can reassure me about my fears

I have had an horrendous few weeks so horrible I really hope I’m on the way up I seem to have a good day and then a bad day or 2 bad days

Thanks for reading I have posted on other forums about specific symptoms as well

Thank you

Thread Information